Direct flights CEB-PVG (Shanghai)

Patryk
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, 

I got a job offer with commuting to Shanghai from time to time, and I am trying to plan my possible flights. Do maybe some of you remember direct flights from Cebu by Philippines airlines? I can see there should be some flights in the future ( like October) but I am not sure if this is real (were these flights canceled due to COVID, or they don't exist and this is some type of glitch?).  
As an extra, I can find out that I am able to take train from Hong Kong, but I am not so sure if I don't prefer to wait for 6h+ in Manila rather than commuting in HK.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Patryk said:

Hi Guys, 

I got a job offer with commuting to Shanghai from time to time, and I am trying to plan my possible flights. Do maybe some of you remember direct flights from Cebu by Philippines airlines? I can see there should be some flights in the future ( like October) but I am not sure if this is real (were these flights canceled due to COVID, or they don't exist and this is some type of glitch?).  
As an extra, I can find out that I am able to take train from Hong Kong, but I am not so sure if I don't prefer to wait for 6h+ in Manila rather than commuting in HK.

There is a HS train twice a day - it takes about 8 or so hours. So, 8 hours on a train or 6 hours in Manila - I'd go for the 6 hours in Manila personally. 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

The high speed train is a wonderful example of the noise that Chinese generate. When every seat is taken and every chinese pasenger is " wai , wai  " on their phone is not necessarily the most pleasant of rides.

I did Beijing Shanghai many times,  , Beijing Hangzhou and Beijing Guangzhou many times, Beijing Tsingdao a few times and whilst the trains are clean, fast and always on time, the passengers... hmmm.....

Oh and remember as a feiguoren you must show your passport to buy a train ticket.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

The high speed train is a wonderful example of the noise that Chinese generate. When every seat is taken and every chinese pasenger is " wai , wai  " on their phone is not necessarily the most pleasant of rides.

I did Beijing Shanghai many times,  , Beijing Hangzhou and Beijing Guangzhou many times, Beijing Tsingdao a few times and whilst the trains are clean, fast and always on time, the passengers... hmmm.....

Oh and remember as a feiguoren you must show your passport to buy a train ticket.

I did Hong Kong - Guangzhou a few times.  As you say, trains were fine (better than British Rail t.b.h.), punctual, clean, good catering but noisy.  I didn't need to show my passport to buy a ticket but needed a visa to enter China so that nullified the need to show the passport when buying the ticket.  

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, hk blues said:

I did Hong Kong - Guangzhou a few times.  As you say, trains were fine (better than British Rail t.b.h.), punctual, clean, good catering but noisy.  I didn't need to show my passport to buy a ticket but needed a visa to enter China so that nullified the need to show the passport when buying the ticket.  

Understand... if in China must show passport  to buy a ticket and in theory cant go past the gate to get to platform without showing passport too.....in theory because when a " train now arriving at platform 4 is " announced theres a heaving mass of everyone trying to get past the gate barrier to the platform... showing anything other than determination is superfluous.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Understand... if in China must show passport  to buy a ticket and in theory cant go past the gate to get to platform without showing passport too.....in theory because when a " train now arriving at platform 4 is " announced theres a heaving mass of everyone trying to get past the gate barrier to the platform... showing anything other than determination is superfluous.

Exactly - I distinctly recall one time where I arrived at Guangzhou station late for my train but it was still on the platform.  The guards waved me through with not even a cursory look at my passport which was in my bag!