EVA Air Starts In Clark

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

EVA will start Clark to TPE in March.  I hope others will follow.  The problem is, most of the flights from Clark are now more expensive than Manila, unlike prior to to the new terminal.  I read that high landing fees and terminal fees are part of that, which may also be the reason why airlines are reluctant to return.

https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-eva-air/news/news-releases/2022-12-15-evaair-crk.html

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Ideally more International flights will be diverted to Clark and other Cities within Philippines.

I was forced to endure MNL last year and it was very unpleasant although much better than my first arrival in 1998.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Ideally more International flights will be diverted to Clark and other Cities within Philippines.

I was forced to endure MNL last year and it was very unpleasant although much better than my first arrival in 1998.

I just looked at Clark and Manila to LAX in April.  EVA is the cheapest on both and Clark is 2000 cheaper than Manila.  44 k from Clark ain't bad.  EVA was good back in the 90's when they were young.  I have not flown them since.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I just looked at Clark and Manila to LAX in April.  EVA is the cheapest on both and Clark is 2000 cheaper than Manila.  44 k from Clark ain't bad.  EVA was good back in the 90's when they were young.  I have not flown them since.

I few to Philippines in the 90's several times via EVA. I dated a EVA flight attendant for awhile who's best friend was a travel agent manager in Seattle so I got good prices for Evergreen Deluxe seats.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Old55 said:

I few to Philippines in the 90's several times via EVA. I dated a EVA flight attendant for awhile who's best friend was a travel agent manager in Seattle so I got good prices for Evergreen Deluxe seats.

One of my flights on EVA was Premium Economy.  Back then, that was a small cost upgrade, like 20%.  Now it is double.  The reviews on seat guru are bad too.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm getting close to booking on EVA, Clark to Houston, USD 936.  Manila to Houston on EVA is 1082.

I was looking forward to maybe booking an exit row seat.  On the low fare, a regular seat reservation costs $50 each way.  I was shocked to see that an exit row seat is $170 each way!  $340 is 36% of the ticket cost!  No way Jose.

Premium economy is $2458, 260% of the discount economy.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, prices are up for comfort. I remember when Evergreen Deluxe seats were about 30% more and worth every peso.  Still that's not a bad price Don.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Business class is becoming the new First class and Premium Economy is becoming the new Business Class (and the prices reflect that).

Joey G
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm getting close to booking on EVA, Clark to Houston, USD 936.  Manila to Houston on EVA is 1082.

I was looking forward to maybe booking an exit row seat.  On the low fare, a regular seat reservation costs $50 each way.  I was shocked to see that an exit row seat is $170 each way!  $340 is 36% of the ticket cost!  No way Jose.

Have you utilized Google airfares to narrow your choices????.... I see United Airlines MNL-HOU for only $959 (no charge for window seat).... and EVA MNL-HOU is $1960 for Premium Economy.  But if your stuck on Angeles... you're gonna pay... less competition.

Good luck!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Have you utilized Google airfares to narrow your choices????.... I see United Airlines MNL-HOU for only $959 (no charge for window seat).... and EVA MNL-HOU is $1960 for Premium Economy.  But if your stuck on Angeles... you're gonna pay... less competition.

Good luck!

Yes, I use Google flights for my research.  My approximate dates are June 5 return June 19.  I don't think HOU is an option because it adds an extra stop.  I want maximum 1 stop otherwise the flight durations are over the top.  I will consider flying to DFW if that can work.

I'm looking at MNL too.  It costs me ~p6500 for a shuttle from Subic + more time + the NAIA hassle.  But I will do it if it makes sense. 

The problem with the Clark EVA flight also is an 8 hour layover in Taipei!