Cooking surprise

Viking
Posted
Posted

We never cooked on our own when we visited as tourists and my wife never cooked here when she grew up.

Last day I saw some Purefoods Frank's, that locked nice. Made of Angus beef.

Fried them on the stove and when we started to eat, we realized that they were wrapped in plastic!!!😂 Had a hard time to remove it before I could put it back in the bread and new topping.

Is it normal here to wrap sausages individually in plastic?

Anyway, when dinner was finished we both agreed that they tasted good and we will buy them again. But next time we will remove the plastic before we fry them 👍

Screenshot_20230117-135614.png

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Viking said:

s it normal here to wrap sausages individually in plastic?

Yes all food like that are wrapped in plastic. You are not the first to cook them with plastic on.

• Like 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

The condoms on hot dogs keep them safe from disease.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes all food like that are wrapped in plastic. You are not the first to cook them with plastic on.

Actually not the first.  :whistling:  Why does a hot dog need a condom anyway?????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Lieutenant Dan said:

The condoms on hot dogs keep them safe from disease.

True, but I never seen them being used on "hot dogs" that are barbecued or fried, before being put in action 😂

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Is this a new thing?  My wife does all the cooking so I only see the end result on the plate but when I look at them in the pack they don't seem to have any plastic cover - same with the loose ones for sale in the supermarket.

I distinctly remember the skin on sausages when I was growing up but it was just that, the skin to keep them together and it was edible.  At least, I always assumed so but my mother was no great cook so who knows! 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

The reservoir tip is the thing to watch for!

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Is this a new thing?  My wife does all the cooking so I only see the end result on the plate but when I look at them in the pack they don't seem to have any plastic cover - same with the loose ones for sale in the supermarket.

I distinctly remember the skin on sausages when I was growing up but it was just that, the skin to keep them together and it was edible.  At least, I always assumed so but my mother was no great cook so who knows!

On a more serious note:

Google Hot Dog Casings.

There are no specific reasons for the plastic casing except it benefits the manufacturer because it don't break like the others during production. It's just the type casing the manufacturer chose for their hot dog. Just remove the plastic casing before you eat it. Many years ago an ex girl friends family made sausages. Animal intestines always broke, plastic don't and makes business sense to not stop production. 

What is hot dog casing?
Casings are soft cylindrical containers used to contain sausage mixes. Casings can be of natural origin or artificial. Natural casings are obtained from animal intestines derived from slaughtering. Manufactured artificial casings are made of cellulose, collagen or synthetic materials.
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

My wife told me the hot dogs are wrapped individually because many Filipinos are poor and can not afford the whole package so they buy 1 piece. Sounds reasonable to me. 

• Like 2