New Scam Regarding Vaccinations

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L just forwarded this to me this morning:

Sadly a new scam: 
Just now my friend  received a call from 912250041117 asking him  to press 1 if he had vaccinated.  He
 pressed 1. Immediately the phone was blocked 🚫 and his phone has been hacked. So be careful when you get similar calls. Put this in your group chat.

Let's all continue to be careful out there!

• Thanks 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Let's all continue to be careful out there!

You know, I always wonder why, people answer calls from numbers they do not know! If it was genuine the caller would try again :tiphat:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

There was another phone scam in USA last year that was a bit scary....

Apparently, a robot or person would call someone and then immediately ask, "Can you hear me?" Of course, many unsuspecting people would say, "Yes." Then, the system would generate questions intended to sell whatever they were pushing or cheat... Every time a question was asked, the already-recorded answer was, "yes." Very devious... So I have coached L and her family to be super careful when answering the phone and to not just automatically say yes when asked about whether the caller can be heard...

hk blues
Posted
Posted

What, there are people in this country who actually answer calls? :hystery:

• Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

There was another phone scam in USA last year that was a bit scary....

Apparently, a robot or person would call someone and then immediately ask, "Can you hear me?" Of course, many unsuspecting people would say, "Yes." Then, the system would generate questions intended to sell whatever they were pushing or cheat... Every time a question was asked, the already-recorded answer was, "yes." Very devious... So I have coached L and her family to be super careful when answering the phone and to not just automatically say yes when asked about whether the caller can be heard...

I normally answer the phone with " War Office, do you want a fight? " My partner hides herself in shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I normally answer the phone with " War Office, do you want a fight? " My partner hides herself in shame.

"City Morgue, you kill 'em we chill 'em" is my favourite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4