ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm flying out to Australia for a 2 month visit 15th March via Singapore from Cebu Mactan airport.

I am now on a 13A visa so will do the ECC at Cebu airport immigration. Has anyone on a 13A got their ECC at Cebu airport and if so was it straight forward?

Also whereabouts is the immigration desk there?

Edited by OzeMike
Correction

• OzeMike changed the title to ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport
OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)

Looks like everyone uses Manila for their ECC at the airport!

Can anyone confirm there is an immigration desk at Cebu Mactan Airport? I know there must be one there as Dumaguete BI told me Cebu BI ECC is for those on tourist visa and 13A visa holders should get their ECC at Cebu Airport.

Edited by OzeMike
Spelling

skippyscage
Posted
Posted (edited)

there was supposed to be one at Iloilo airport - there is a desk but they can't do the EEC-B (naturally), only the outbound PH tax thing for the locals.

How far are you from the Cebu Immigration office in the city? Go there and do it (should take less then 10 minutes) - I always do mine beforehand at thge local office to save more lines at the airport.

Edited by skippyscage
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont know if things have changed since last October but Cebu airport had been downsized due to the pandemic so the airport was nothing like before. Maybe it's gone back to its original state now? 

There were no shops or restaurants other than a few in the departure area then straight into immigration and a small waiting area.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Can anyone confirm there is an immigration desk at Cebu Mactan Airport?

I have not done ECC-B at Mactan but I will go out on a limb and say that every int'l terminal has to have a way to pay ECC-B and some other working visas also have fees when they leave.  The office is usually right in the area where you talk to the immigration officers, so it you don't have it, they will send you over there.

Here are maps of the airport.  From the drop down menu at the upper right, choose T2 - Departure Level Check-In Area.  Immigration office is box 2 at the top, if this is up to date.

https://mactancebuairport.com/passengers/airport-map/

Screenshot (891).png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, skippyscage said:

there was supposed to be one at Iloilo airport - there is a desk but they can't do the EEC-B (naturally), only the outbound PH tax thing for the locals.

How far are you from the Cebu Immigration office in the city? Go there and do it (should take less then 10 minutes) - I always do mine beforehand at thge local office to save more lines at the airport.

The Cebu BI is in Cebu City now moved from the JCentre in Mandaue City...have not been there since it moved so don't know if it is an improvement over the old office which was like the madhatter's tea party most days.

Some have reported getting fairly quickly or 3-4 hours in Cebi BI or come back the next day..

Which means I will have to come to Cebu City 2 days or maybe 3 days in advance which means more hotel and taxi costs...

If Cebu airport does do the ECC for 13A Visas then this would be less hassle....maybe.

Edited by OzeMike

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have not done ECC-B at Mactan but I will go out on a limb and say that every int'l terminal has to have a way to pay ECC-B and some other working visas also have fees when they leave.  The office is usually right in the area where you talk to the immigration officers, so it you don't have it, they will send you over there.

Here are maps of the airport.  From the drop down menu at the upper right, choose T2 - Departure Level Check-In Area.  Immigration office is box 2 at the top, if this is up to date.

https://mactancebuairport.com/passengers/airport-map/

Screenshot (891).png

Many thanks On My Way this most helpful

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Some have reported getting fairly quickly or 3-4 hours in Cebi BI or come back the next day..

that's crazy - it usually takes me 10 minutes at the Iolilo BI and 20 minutes at most

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Which means I will have to come to Cebu City 2 days or maybe 3 days in advance

I read where a few people used an agent in Dumaguete who can get the ECC for you for about 3,000 PHP.  Cheaper than a return trip to Cebu and more convenient. JRC beside the BI.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

@OzeMike  Apparently you can do ECC-B online now.  However, it is new and you will be the guinea pig for the rest of us!

https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1