ECC at Cebu Mactan Airport

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, skippyscage said:

that's crazy - it usually takes me 10 minutes at the Iolilo BI and 20 minutes at most

One of the benefits of living in a place with enough foreigners to justify a full-service office but not enough to make it overly busy.

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

One of the benefits of living in a place with enough foreigners to justify a full-service office but not enough to make it overly busy.

they still try to make it hard - now I have all my ducks in a row and they can't ask me for any more things they can think up on the spot

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

they still try to make it hard - now I have all my ducks in a row and they can't ask me for any more things they can think up on the spot

It's never been a particularly helpful office IMO, even back in the days when it was down at the harbour. The look of disappointment on the guards face when you actually have everything you need is telling. That said, the guy who used to look after ACR stuff was helpful even if typically grumpy as most there can be. They used to have a couple of youngsters who were probably in training who were nice but no doubt they'll train that out of them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The look of disappointment on the guards face when you actually have everything you need is telling.

it's the same now - sometimes they even try to tell me I'm using the incorrect form - I always tell them "this is the form that's available on the BI site, and also your boss said that it's the correct one to use" - next!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

it's the same now - sometimes they even try to tell me I'm using the incorrect form - I always tell them "this is the form that's available on the BI site, and also your boss said that it's the correct one to use" - next!

Yep...as is often the case here the guard seems to run the show despite not being that knowledgeable about what the latest requirements are. On Friday he informed me the little form we need to fill in can't be done in pink ink - the only colour of pen they actually had! OK, I should have brought a pen but is it really beyond them to provide a couple? And before anyone says "But Covid..." nope, as the sign-in log was completed by everyone with that one pink pen.

Ah well, it's not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

@OzeMike  Apparently you can do ECC-B online now.  However, it is new and you will be the guinea pig for the rest of us!

https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph/

Thanks always fancied being a guinea pig :no:

The only snag at the moment is I'm waiting for my passport and new ACR i-card with my conversion from 13A Probationary to Permanent from the agent ...due back next month.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/21/2023 at 10:00 AM, OnMyWay said:

I have not done ECC-B at Mactan but I will go out on a limb and say that every int'l terminal has to have a way to pay ECC-B and some other working visas also have fees when they leave.  The office is usually right in the area where you talk to the immigration officers, so it you don't have it, they will send you over there.

No one confirmed my post about the airport operations going back to normal at Cebu. As i said when I was there in October it was nothing like before so if its still the same your map maybe of no help. When I was there during the pandemic it was different and reduced in size.

And yes just ask immigration and they will tell you what to do. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Sort of related, but did not want to start a new thread.  We have visitors coming from the USA.  They will only be staying for two weeks.  When they depart what are the airport exit fees now?  I don't want them to be surprised and not have sufficient peso when they leave.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sort of related, but did not want to start a new thread.  We have visitors coming from the USA.  They will only be staying for two weeks.  When they depart what are the airport exit fees now?  I don't want them to be surprised and not have sufficient peso when they leave.

Last time I departed pre-covid the exit fees had been abolished at NAIA.  That was after a 28 day stay.  There's been a couple of members that have left in the last couple of months so perhaps they can confirm if this is still the case?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Last time I departed pre-covid the exit fees had been abolished at NAIA.  That was after a 28 day stay.  There's been a couple of members that have left in the last couple of months so perhaps they can confirm if this is still the case?

4 months ago... no exit fee (after just under 6 month stay)

• Like 2