Members location in the Philippines?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Where do you live, what city in the Philippines? 

I couldn't find any member map, or members location easily available, using search. Only when click on each members name, might one see his location / city. Some only write Philippines. Many times when I went to Bohol, Boracay or Dumaguete, did I wish I knew a member living there. Also when consider a new destination.

th.jpeg-19.jpg

• Like 5

fototek1
Posted
Posted

This is a very interesting topic CebuAndy. We live in the US full time near Boston and have a place in Norzagary Bulacan Philippines. We are looking for a potential retirement home now and are considering Bataan (looking at land in a few weeks) with our options open to almost anyplace on a mountain (ok I will settle for almost any elevation over 25 feet above sea level) overlooking the ocean. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

One hour south of San Carlos, 3 hours north of Dumaguete:

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Moalboal here, and it appears we are neighbors if you can swim like a dolphin.  :tongue:

I think I saw you across the water out cleaning the pool one day :tongue:

• Haha 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

One hour south of San Carlos, 3 hours north of Dumaguete

I haven't heard you mention San Carlos, but if you get up that way I know a very friendly expat who would surely show you around.  Just let me know if interested.  His name is also Dave so ya just KNOW he's a good guy.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I haven't heard you mention San Carlos, but if you get up that way I know a very friendly expat who would surely show you around.  Just let me know if interested.  His name is also Dave so ya just KNOW he's a good guy.

We head up there almost weekly, it's the closest semi-decent shopping; Gaisano (Lee type setup) and the supermarket has finally reopened in City Mall. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Until just before Covid hit I lived about 5 months per year in Cebu City and the rest in the USA working. Wife got a good job offer in the Clark Freeport Zone so we moved to that area.  Covid hit and the job fell thru. Still in the Angeles area and fully retired now. Will likely move back to Cebu sometime later this year, but somewhere on the “left” coast between Moalboal and Samboan. 

We live on the west coast USA but plan on living part time in Talisay Cebu and perhaps Bantayan Island just north of Cebu Island. In a few years there is a chance we may spend the majority of our time in Philippines.

Gator, my wife and I would be curious to know more about the area once you move to the South-East coast of Cebu. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have lived in Dumaguete for 5 years with my wife and her 9 yo son who come from Marinduque.

Prior to that I lived for 10 years + in Mactan, Mandaue City and Cebu City with my first filipina wife and her children before we moved to live in Queensland in Australia. We eventually divorced on good terms and they became Aussie citizens. I stay with my step daughter and son when I visit Brisbane.

At 75 I'm thinking of the end game now and the needs of my wife and our son with his schooling and a place for them after I depart this mortal coil.

Edited by OzeMike
Correction
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1