Steel door

Viking
Posted
Posted

Anyone having experience of the steel doors they sell on Wilcon?

I am about to replace our main door and this could be an alternative to a traditional wood door. They come in many different designs and a rather attractive price.

My main concern is about the lock, if it will be up to an acceptable level?

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

I think those are the doors where pins are located in the top, bottom and side and slide out into the door jam when you lock it.  They have special keys.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Viking said:

My friend has one. Not bad quality just be careful if facing the sun as it will expand. They also tend to dent very easily.  The lock is a dimple lock on his so hard to pick with three bolts that lock the door. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Link shows out of stock sir.

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 2

Possum
Posted
Posted

Out of stock? Shocking.

• Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Not bad quality just be careful if facing the sun as it will expand.

I installed one of these on my workshop 2018.  Great door and lock.  But as Snowy said, mine was facing the sun and although it did expand a little I had no problem with it jamming.  However, it did get HOT and transferred that heat inside but at least my shop has air-con. Also the nice wood grained paint faded in less than two years and I had to repaint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My friend has one. Not bad quality just be careful if facing the sun as it will expand. They also tend to dent very easily.  The lock is a dimple lock on his so hard to pick with three bolts that lock the door. 

Thanks for that info. It will be in the shade so expansion and heat will probably not be any problems. Happy to hear that the lock is better than I thought.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Old55 said:

Link shows out of stock sir.

No surprise hahaha, but they had quite many in the store so I am pretty sure there will be something that will fit us.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

I installed one of these on my workshop 2018.  Great door and lock.  But as Snowy said, mine was facing the sun and although it did expand a little I had no problem with it jamming.  However, it did get HOT and transferred that heat inside but at least my shop has air-con. Also the nice wood grained paint faded in less than two years and I had to repaint.

Great to hear from someone with first hand experience. Our main door is in the shade so I don't expect we will experience any problems related to the sun. Hopefully the wood grained paint will also last longer when in the shade of the sun.