Moss and Mold

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not a problem. Demolish the house :rolleyes:

Less drastic measure - let it grow and convert it to a lawn.  

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not a problem. Demolish the house :rolleyes:

Actually, I think that is standard practice here.  NEVER wash or paint the exterior of a building, and when it gets really bad, tear it down or abandon it.

• Like 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
On 2/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, jimeve said:

Don't use a rolling stone. It gathers no moss.

It may not have moss but I bet "using a rolling stone" will give you a S.T.D. They partied alot............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Paint it with rubber paint then if you fall you will bounce back.

• Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Paint it with rubber paint then if you fall you will bounce back.

Thank you Bobby Vee :smile:

• Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Thank you Bobby Vee :smile:

Or if you like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXcFFNx0_g8

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, BrettGC said:

I prefer Bobby Vee.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Okay, okay... I am convinced that a pressure washer is really the way to go. We have a very long fence and it is turning green - not nice green, mossy green. And we have some cement steps too. I like the idea of just using water instead of chemicals, so I will give this a try... But not entirely sure of which pressure washer to buy? There are many listed on Lazada and I have not been to any hardware stores in almost a year. I would only use it (or pay to have a worker use it) maybe twice a year. But, like I said already, we have a long fence and both sides would need the treatment... 

I would appreciate any suggestions...

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay, okay... I am convinced that a pressure washer is really the way to go. We have a very long fence and it is turning green - not nice green, mossy green. And we have some cement steps too. I like the idea of just using water instead of chemicals, so I will give this a try... But not entirely sure of which pressure washer to buy? There are many listed on Lazada and I have not been to any hardware stores in almost a year. I would only use it (or pay to have a worker use it) maybe twice a year. But, like I said already, we have a long fence and both sides would need the treatment... 

I've had Karcher's in the past, can't remember the exact model number but it's on 2 wheels and you don't need a max pressure model for the kind of thing you're using it for.  The K3 or K4 I think.  Lasted until I left Australia with weekly use over an 8 year period and I sold it in good working oder; I was living in a similar climate there to the one here. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Honda is popular here They seem to last a long time.

Is there a type of paint or sealer that is moss and mold resistant?

We have zinc strips on our roof peak to mitigate roof moss. Not sure that could help you just an idea. 

• Thanks 1