ACR-I Renewal (Tourist)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, 

Been searching the BI site and the only information I can find with regards to a new card fee for renewal is here:

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/renewal-of-acr-i-card

It basically states the that it's 50PHP with an express fee of 500PHP.  

Considering the cost of the initial issue, this seems cheap to me.  Is it correct?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

It basically states the that it's 50PHP

It states that it is $ 50. 00 and they refer to US$ at the current day's exchange rate.  (That is a cut and paste from your link.  And I know it has always been the fee)

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It states that it is $ 50. 00 and they refer to US$ at the current day's exchange rate.  (That is a cut and paste from your link.  And I know it has always been the fee)

Right, makes more sense, misread it and probably a little wishful thinking on my part.  

• Like 2

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

My AC-R expired on Jan 10. I was getting a 2 month Tourist extension visa & was asked if my card was up to date. So I subsequently needed that as well. I didn’t get a breakdown on my receipt but total was 6950 pesos. So my card was between 3000-3500. I had to hold my laugh when they said it would take 2 weeks Sir. hehe I remember one year pre Covid when I got give my card a month before it expired lol.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sailor Jerry said:

My AC-R expired on Jan 10. I was getting a 2 month Tourist extension visa & was asked if my card was up to date. So I subsequently needed that as well. I didn’t get a breakdown on my receipt but total was 6950 pesos. So my card was between 3000-3500. I had to hold my laugh when they said it would take 2 weeks Sir. hehe I remember one year pre Covid when I got give my card a month before it expired lol.

I'll do the renewal next week, a couple weeks in advance, we'll be close to a BI anyway.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'll do the renewal next week, a couple weeks in advance, we'll be close to a BI anyway.  

Back when I was a tourist, I never worried about it.  They would just tell me when I went in to renew my visa.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I removed my posts as I was thinking of annual report rather than ARC.

driveallnight
Posted
Posted

Greetings gentlemen, not sure if this is the  correct spot but I’ll drop it here.

I’ve just renewed my tourist visa for the second time. Got the 21 day VOA in December, renewed for 30 days, and now just renewed for another 30 days and applied for my ACR. 

My question: I’m taking a trip to Cambodia in March. How will leaving Phils in March and returning in 10-14 days affect my currently valid tourist visa and VCR application?

Thanks in advance to all.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, driveallnight said:

I’ve just renewed my tourist visa for the second time. Got the 21 day VOA in December, renewed for 30 days, and now just renewed for another 30 days and applied for my ACR. 

I think you mean you got the 30 day Visa on Arrival and then got the mandatory 29 day extension and then applied for the mandatory ACR with your subsequent extension which you say was for 30 days (its usually in 2 month increments but OK I get it that you planned to leave)

So if I have that right then lets move on to your question

5 hours ago, driveallnight said:

My question: I’m taking a trip to Cambodia in March. How will leaving Phils in March and returning in 10-14 days affect my currently valid tourist visa and VCR application?

When you leave and come back, you start the process over.  So you will get another VOA for 30 days and another mandatory 29 day extension after that.  You get lucky with the ACR though.  When you apply for subsequent extensions they will ask about your ACR card.  If you are lucky you will already have the card and you can show them the expiry date is many months down the road.  If you do not yet have the card, show them the receipt where you paid for it and they will not charge you again.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When you leave and come back, you start the process over.  So you will get another VOA for 30 days and another mandatory 29 day extension after that.  You get lucky with the ACR though.  When you apply for subsequent extensions they will ask about your ACR card.  If you are lucky you will already have the card and you can show them the expiry date is many months down the road.  If you do not yet have the card, show them the receipt where you paid for it and they will not charge you again.

As for ARC most likely the OP wont need to do a thing as the ARC is in the system and he wont be charged again. Thats my experience last time and makes no difference if a card was ever dispatched.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1