ACR-I Renewal (Tourist)

driveallnight
Posted
Posted

Yeah I kinda botched my question but you deciphered it correctly. Much obliged, DH and JGF. *hat tip*

• 2 weeks later...
Kevbee
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2023 at 6:45 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think you mean you got the 30 day Visa on Arrival and then got the mandatory 29 day extension and then applied for the mandatory ACR with your subsequent extension which you say was for 30 days (its usually in 2 month increments but OK I get it that you planned to leave)

So if I have that right then lets move on to your question

When you leave and come back, you start the process over.  So you will get another VOA for 30 days and another mandatory 29 day extension after that.  You get lucky with the ACR though.  When you apply for subsequent extensions they will ask about your ACR card.  If you are lucky you will already have the card and you can show them the expiry date is many months down the road.  If you do not yet have the card, show them the receipt where you paid for it and they will not charge you again.

Interesting comment, is the card situation for `13a different? I'm waiting for my card, but have a trip out planned. My understanding is that I have to get a card waiver just before the flight. The waiver is only available in Manila. Presenting the card payment receipt is no longer acceptable. 

Am I right with regard to the awaited 13a ACR card? Is it different for awaited tourist ACR cards?

Cheers for any advice, mods please move this if I'm hijacking a tourist thread!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Kevbee. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Kevbee said:

Am I right with regard to the awaited 13a ACR card? Is it different for awaited tourist ACR cards?

Yes.  The similarities are:  The are both called ACR cards.  Other than that, they are different entities. It is seldom mentioned, but there are also ACR cards for students, workers and business investors.  The card you get will specify the type of card it is.  The process (and likely the fee?) is different for each type.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

Another difference is the 13a ACR cards are valid for 5 years whereas the Tourist ACR cards are only valid for 1 year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1