Traveling with Pets IN the Philippines

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to pass on that there's a new wrinkle to the process of traveling by air or boat with your pet In the RP.  Not as involved as the international travel piece, but still not easy in and out process.  First have to get a Vet Certificate of Health and you Must then file for a domestic travel permit thru the BAI within 3 days of issuance of the health cert.  The catch is that it is now All done on line on BAI's web site including submission of scanned health cert, photo and vax card, and can take 1-3 days upon submission to get the permit.  Once issued, travel must take place within 7 days.   The old way of being able go in person to BAI and get permit in about an hour, which had been touted even recently by some experts elesewhere on line, is no longer an option.  I found out hard way by flying to MNL to pick up our wonder doodle and planned to go back to Negros, going in to BAI with all my paperwork only to find I couldn't do that.  Unfortunate, because could've done it all online from Negros first since family in MNL took dog to vet for rabies booster last month and health cert this week.  Anyway, stayed longer than planned, but plenty to do in Makati while waiting at least, and kudos to BAI who got the permit issued on Friday night after 7pm.  Wouldn't get that level of service from the USDA for sure.   

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1