Entry requirements Feb 2023

usa32
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I'll be flying into manilla in March. I am vaccinated and have a 59 day visa obtained from consulate here in USA. I know I have to do the onehealth pass/ehealth and get a qr code to show on arrival. Will anyone ask for the my vax cards? Are they a good idea to bring with me? Are masks required at the airport still? Also, last time it was night and I got hit with all the taxi drivers with the sky high fares. I walked by them and found a tax for like 300 pesos. Is grab an option at the airport? Also when coming in international, where is the nearest sim card place at the airport? Sorry for all the questions. 

Thank you

Edited by usa32

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

https://etravel.gov.ph/entry-guidelines

Vax proof OR test according to the above link.

There are SIM card booths in visible places at the airport (NAIA at least) but they are not open 24 hours. If you arrive at night there's nobody there. They also only offer SIMs with large loads.

Take a white taxi from the white taxi queue and insist on a metered ride. Do not accept any other offer and do not take a taxi in any other color. These taxis operate 24h (and there'll likely be a long line of people waiting).

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

bob1965
Posted
Posted

I always use grab from the airport. Search online from where the grab booth is at whatever terminal you’re airing at. They’re call the grab for you and tell you how much it will be.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

12 hours ago, bob1965 said:

I always use grab from the airport. Search online from where the grab booth is at whatever terminal you’re airing at. They’re call the grab for you and tell you how much it will be.

Last time I arrived at NAIA (later at night) the GRAB booth had 2 staff but zero availability of vehicles.  

They straight out said "not available Sir" and pointed me towards the yellow taxi waiting area (which had about 20 people waiting (the white taxi area was crazy busy so I didn't bother trying there.

Also the phone booths were closed and my load had expired since last trip so trying Grab myself wasn't an option either.

It's more fun in the Philippines :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the replies. Are masks required at the airport?

How much should one expect to pay for a white taxi to makati?

Sounds like grab might be hard to come by at the airport.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2023 at 2:33 AM, usa32 said:

Thank you for the replies. Are masks required at the airport?

How much should one expect to pay for a white taxi to makati?

Sounds like grab might be hard to come by at the airport.

In order...

Masks are no longer required

Somewhere between a few hundred (meter) and 2,000 (he's scamming you).

Most times Grab is available but in peak periods it's often not.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2023 at 10:14 AM, GeoffH said:

Masks are no longer required

A friend flying back and forth to Manila over the last 2 months said he had to wear on the plane. And again last week. Will be the same at the immigration office today to renew my visa. Some things have not changed. 

On 2/8/2023 at 10:16 PM, usa32 said:

Will anyone ask for the my vax cards?

Certainly did when I flew in October so won't hurt to cover all bases. The airline was the first to check when departing Cebu and again when returning. 

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A friend flying back and forth to Manila over the last 2 months said he had to wear on the plane. And again last week. Will be the same at the immigration office today to renew my visa. Some things have not changed. 

Certainly did when I flew in October so won't hurt to cover all bases. The airline was the first to check when departing Cebu and again when returning. 

I sorta figured some places would still be trying to make you wear a mask. If the ignorance is still over here in the USA after years of failed mask policies, I figured its still over there in some places. I'll bring one in case. But wear it around my neck like everyone else, ha.  I put a picture of my vax cards on my phone and bring them with me. Another stupid policy as the vaccine does nothing to prevent spread and my shots were going on almost 2 years ago, so they have no effect what so ever. Ah, the world has gone crazy. Thank you for the tips

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, usa32 said:

I put a picture of my vax cards on my phone and bring them with me.

If I remember correctly when returning last time and Im sure nothing has changed as I get BI info, when you arrive or at least at Cebu airport there's a new section where you show your cards and whatever before moving onto immigration. I think we had our vax on the phone but still had the physical cards with us. The officer was rude and even my GF could not understand her but maybe she was having a bad day.  I assume you had two shots and a booster? 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Around me masks wearers are still in the majority - I'd say 75% - 25%.  Whilst not required it seems most are in the habit of wearing and have continued to do so.  That said, it was probably 90% -10% a month ago so things are easing off.