Entry requirements Feb 2023

longway
Posted
Posted

1. I seem to remember that Phone sim cards and load for sale manned kiosks for both Globe and Smart are in same room with baggage claim or near exit. Just look around for them.

2. For taxi in Manila airport I always go up the elevator to passenger arrivals/ White cabs are dropping off passengers out at the street and I can easily get one quickly there. Meter to Makati can be 400 php +/_ depending on traffic. FYI, In Cebu the Taxi Mafia will not let you take a cab at the arrivals area, security makes them drive away empty.

3. I have had a few hotels ask for Vac proof at check in. I carry my card, but phone pic might be okay. Never been asked anywhere else.

4. Masks are required on the plane. Seems to be optional inside the terminal although 90 +% still wear them. I did not and no one said anything to me. Virtually all the staff in hotels and restaurants are still wearing masks although most guests are not wearing. In Public, 25% of civilians are still wearing. There are still "Mask Required " signs posted everywhere but are ignored.

Have a good trip.

usa32
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

If I remember correctly when returning last time and Im sure nothing has changed as I get BI info, when you arrive or at least at Cebu airport there's a new section where you show your cards and whatever before moving onto immigration. I think we had our vax on the phone but still had the physical cards with us. The officer was rude and even my GF could not understand her but maybe she was having a bad day.  I assume you had two shots and a booster? 

Yes two shots and a booster.

So I'll bring the physical cards with me and put the images on the phone. Then I'll need the QR code from their health/one pass thing

usa32
Posted
Posted
On 2/14/2023 at 7:37 AM, longway said:

1. I seem to remember that Phone sim cards and load for sale manned kiosks for both Globe and Smart are in same room with baggage claim or near exit. Just look around for them.

2. For taxi in Manila airport I always go up the elevator to passenger arrivals/ White cabs are dropping off passengers out at the street and I can easily get one quickly there. Meter to Makati can be 400 php +/_ depending on traffic. FYI, In Cebu the Taxi Mafia will not let you take a cab at the arrivals area, security makes them drive away empty.

3. I have had a few hotels ask for Vac proof at check in. I carry my card, but phone pic might be okay. Never been asked anywhere else.

4. Masks are required on the plane. Seems to be optional inside the terminal although 90 +% still wear them. I did not and no one said anything to me. Virtually all the staff in hotels and restaurants are still wearing masks although most guests are not wearing. In Public, 25% of civilians are still wearing. There are still "Mask Required " signs posted everywhere but are ignored.

Have a good trip.

My first stop is a makati condo airbnb. Any opinions on "guests" and requirements for them to stay with me or visit. Last time I was in hotels, and only ran into one hotel that wanted me to "register" my guests. Which simply was them showing an ID. As with alot of men there, we have ladies visiting with us and staying. Just wondering if you have ran into any issues there.