Receiving text messages on a Philippines mobile # while in the US.

Youngster
Posted
Posted

I encounter the same issues with my BDO account when traveling out of the country.  So much that I began using my secondary BPI account that I only have it for making car payments.  I just use BPI app on my iPhone to pay bills or do transfers, and verification is done using Face ID as it is executing transfers.  No OTP is used at all.  If you are not married to Metro Bank, BPI is an option.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Youngster said:

I encounter the same issues with my BDO account when traveling out of the country.  So much that I began using my secondary BPI account that I only have it for making car payments.  I just use BPI app on my iPhone to pay bills or do transfers, and verification is done using Face ID as it is executing transfers.  No OTP is used at all.  If you are not married to Metro Bank, BPI is an option.

I use BPI online but I need OTP for any transfer out. That said, I use the PC version rather then phone app.  

• Like 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

I use BPI online but I need OTP for any transfer out. That said, I use the PC version rather then phone app.  

When I do log in from a desktop pc, it does the verification by telling me to confirm on my phone app.  I could see them sending OTP if not having a phone/mobile app.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Youngster said:

When I do log in from a desktop pc, it does the verification by telling me to confirm on my phone app.  I could see them sending OTP if not having a phone/mobile app.

Yep, I realise now the phone app and PC version are run differently but I'm not sure why. I assume you have linked the PC and mobile versions. 

fototek1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info. She has Smart so we will follow your direction. We are heading back to the US Wednesday.

Edited by fototek1
  • Like 1