Observations on Philippine Dining

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, mountainside said:

Thanks for explaining what I was stumbling at.  I've just read your post to my wife: She said "Yes!  Of course!  Suki! ".  Too bad our local US supermarket folks don't understand the Tagalog word, or perhaps the concept.  Life, at least in certain ways, is truly better in the Philippines. 

An alternative perspective, treat all customers equally well and there would be no need to favour anyone.  It's a bugbear of mine here that such systems exist in so many walks of life and don't really benefit the population.  It underpins much of what is wrong here. 

Rant over! 

mountainside
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

An alternative perspective, treat all customers equally well and there would be no need to favour anyone.  It's a bugbear of mine here that such systems exist in so many walks of life and don't really benefit the population.  It underpins much of what is wrong here.

I take your point and  pretty much sympathize with your view.  But as a soon-to-be-returnee with a lot left to learn about the Philippines, I'm a bit like Gus McCrae in Lonesome Dove:  "just trying to get through the territory . . ."  

• Like 2