Looking for housing rental prices in Bagac Bataan area

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Good evening folks. Does anyone here live in the Bagac Bataan area? What are the rental prices for a place with western style CR? We were just there and had trouble finding places for rent except for a few that wanted P25000/ day:shock_40_anim_gif:That is not a mistype. I said, P25000/ month is fine. Interesting area Bagac is! I tried to see Las Casa Filipinas to see if its a good place to recommend to Western friends and they told me I have to pay a P2500 fee to see the facility. I declined and then went to check out another place 10 minutes away and was told the same thing. Apparently they think all westerners shit dollars in this area. My wife and I want to try the area for a few months next year as I have found activities that fit my interests while visiting here multiple times in the past 12 years. 

• Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

No idea on house rent but that Las Casa is genuinely the worst place I've ever visited here haha. 7k per night and basically nothing to do, food was all 7-800 pesos and bang average. Tried charging us 2000 pesos for 3 hours golf cart rental.

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

No idea on house rent but that Las Casa is genuinely the worst place I've ever visited here haha. 7k per night and basically nothing to do, food was all 7-800 pesos and bang average. Tried charging us 2000 pesos for 3 hours golf cart rental.

As I was considering checking into Las Casa for a night to check the place out I was fortunate to speak with a British gentleman who was checking out. His review of the place was about the same as yours. I wonder how well a simple hotel with western style rooms/ bathrooms would do at the entrance to that place. Maybe a restaurant that serves real pizza and American breakfast/ coffee.....

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Interesting comments on Las Casas.  I have wanted to go and almost made it more than once.  I think it is more about seeing the historical houses, canals, etc., and taking selfphies, of course.  I know @scott h has been.  I still want to go because I am a fan of old houses.

I have passed through Bagac a few times and went to a wake there last year.  Their house was nice enough but I don't think I would live in the area.  Hospitals?  Shopping?

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

When choosing a place in the PI in which to live for awhile, its as important to find out and learn where not to live, as well as to live and settle in. I'm sure you have your reasons for considering living there, but I think most expats would not be very interested in residing in such an upscale place unless money were no major consideration.

Different strokes for....

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Interesting comments on Las Casas.  I have wanted to go and almost made it more than once.  I think it is more about seeing the historical houses, canals, etc., and taking selfphies, of course.  I know @scott h has been.  I still want to go because I am a fan of old houses.

I have passed through Bagac a few times and went to a wake there last year.  Their house was nice enough but I don't think I would live in the area.  Hospitals?  Shopping?

I am in my early 50's and hoping that I will not be in need of a good hospital anytime soon. I grew up and still live 45 minutes from the mountains, 30 minutes from the ocean and 1 hour from Boston all living in a peaceful rural area 10 minutes from a city. I am used to activities in the mountains and ocean while being close enough for convenience of a city. I am trying to find a similar placement in the Philippines for half the year during my early retirement which I hope to start next year. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

When choosing a place in the PI in which to live for awhile, its as important to find out and learn where not to live, as well as to live and settle in. I'm sure you have your reasons for considering living there, but I think most expats would not be very interested in residing in such an upscale place unless money were no major consideration.

Different strokes for....

Las Casas is not a place to live;  it is a hotel / resort on the coast.  Bagac is not a wealthy area at all.

• Like 1