land listing way much above "market" price

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Have you considered the Toyota Raize?

The E CVT is 831,000 (plus delivery).

They're basically a 'raised' and slightly bigger version of the new version of the Toyota Wigo (which is already on sale in Indonesia) and is a sister SUV under the skin to the Daihatsu Rocky (Daihatsu is a Toyota subsidiary these days).  And being a crossover they've got more ground clearance.

They come with a 1.2 liter engine instead of a 1.0 liter like the Wigo so a little more power too.

There is also a G with some more features for about another 100,000 (still under a million peso though).

This is a link to a review of the G version (there are comparisons of the differences between the E,G & Turbo if you searc

Thanks for the idea... I will look into it. We want something that is higher than most cars to deal with frequent flood waters, but not a full size SUV. SUV's are way too big for Davao streets and also for parking....

I checked it out and it looks like a good car for L and me... small and compact, yet high enough for some of the flood waters... I may go to a dealer and see if they have them and check the prices...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Patryk
Posted
Posted

That's some good input I got from you guys, I guess when the time will come I will just drive along the coast try to find out nice lots, and speak to local people to offer my price. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks for the idea... I will look into it. We want something that is higher than most cars to deal with frequent flood waters, but not a full size SUV. SUV's are way too big for Davao streets and also for parking....

I checked it out and it looks like a good car for L and me... small and compact, yet high enough for some of the flood waters... I may go to a dealer and see if they have them and check the prices...

Check Avanza too.  I really liked ours.  High enough, tight turning radius, good room for a tall driver, enough power to go to Baguio.   

Wigos are good, but I would never buy a Wigo with the 3 cylynder non-turbo engine unless I only intended to drive in flat areas.  We live on a hill with windy access roads, and when my wife is not with me, I like driving my 1.3 l Honda Brio like a sports car.  The Vtec engines can rev up really well.  I get stuck behind the 3 cylinder Wigos all the time.

A used Honda might fit into your budget and several are higher riding.  BR-V maybe?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Patryk said:

That's some good input I got from you guys, I guess when the time will come I will just drive along the coast try to find out nice lots, and speak to local people to offer my price. 

And just in case you need to buy a car, that was added! :hystery:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Patryk said:

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - If there is any possibility then  I'd recommend you have no visible part in the search and negotiations.  Just by being a foreigner there will be a certain expectation that you can afford more.  I realise this may or may not be possible but if it is...

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Patryk said:

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - If there is any possibility then  I'd recommend you have no visible part in the search and negotiations.  Just by being a foreigner there will be a certain expectation that you can afford more.  I realise this may or may not be possible but if it is...

What HK advises is spot on. Maybe you can cruise around and look, but the negotiator should only be a Filipina or Filipino.... Everything we buy or have workers for us begin with L being the front person. My God! I would never want to be negotiating against her - she is very tough and pressures everyone for discounts - and gets them!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Check Avanza too.  I really liked ours.  High enough, tight turning radius, good room for a tall driver, enough power to go to Baguio.   

Wigos are good, but I would never buy a Wigo with the 3 cylynder non-turbo engine unless I only intended to drive in flat areas.  We live on a hill with windy access roads, and when my wife is not with me, I like driving my 1.3 l Honda Brio like a sports car.  The Vtec engines can rev up really well.  I get stuck behind the 3 cylinder Wigos all the time.

A used Honda might fit into your budget and several are higher riding.  BR-V maybe?

We already have an Avanza. It is big and roomy inside and good to carry the whole family! (Not when I am around!). But I don't like the feel of it when driving... It feels light and there are no armrests, so uncomfortable for me...

I have already checked out the Raize... I will go to a dealer and see how one feels for me. The Avanza is also not high off the ground, so it can be an issue if there are floods. I still have my ancient Mazda Tribute which rides quite high so not so much of a problem in high floods... But it - like me - is getting so old!

Sorry, Mods... I guess I took us way off topic here... We should now be in a car buying topic?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, Mods... I guess I took us way off topic here... We should now be in a car buying topic?

It's all good after all going off topic is what we do. A new topic on car-SUV choices is a great idea.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Patryk said:

Just to reinforce...  Make sure you have a local with you when you look around. If you see some place you like, it's best to stay out of sight if any prices become part of your viewing...

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

It feels light and there are no armrests, so uncomfortable for me...

Yes, it does feel light.  Some of the newer ones are nicer and might have armrests.  The very latest has a wider stance so it looks more solid.