Bringing Filipino wife to the US with visitor visa

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

There's some general info here - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ApplyforImmigrantVisa.html

does anyone have specifics?

Possum
Posted
Posted

Here's another link.  My wife had no trouble getting a 10 year multiple entry visa but I live here.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit.html

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

There's some general info here - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ApplyforImmigrantVisa.html

does anyone have specifics?

That link is for immigrant visa, tourist.

You live in the Philippines, right?

For tourist, the main things they look for are strong ties to the homeland.

- Job or student

- Business

- Previous travel experience, especially

- Property ownership

- Bank accounts and financial ability to take the trip

- Children

It is supposed to be based on her, but of course they consider the husband.

- How long you have been together

- Where you live and how long YOU have lived in PH

- Proof of residency together

In my opinion, the older your wife is, the easier it is.

I was lucky with my wife because she had a B1/B2 when I met her.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

- Proof of residency together

What type of proof works?

mountainside
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

"SUPPORTING EVIDENCE OF IDENTITY AND/OR RELATIONSHIP: Applicants should be prepared to submit documents that further establish their identity and/or their relationship with the petitioner or the principal applicant. Six (6) or more photographs with family members together, taken over a period of time, may help to establish the existence of a relationship. Personal correspondence, home telephone records, bank records, proof of joint property ownership and/or joint financial obligations, original baptismal records, medical records and adoption decrees are often useful." (Paragraph 8 of the above, lengthy, webpage).

When we applied for my wife's immigrant visa (green card) we also submitted photos of our passports showing overseas travel together, photos of us together while travelling, and a couple affidavits from credible people attesting to the solidity of our relationship.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, mountainside said:

"SUPPORTING EVIDENCE OF IDENTITY AND/OR RELATIONSHIP: Applicants should be prepared to submit documents that further establish their identity and/or their relationship with the petitioner or the principal applicant. Six (6) or more photographs with family members together, taken over a period of time, may help to establish the existence of a relationship. Personal correspondence, home telephone records, bank records, proof of joint property ownership and/or joint financial obligations, original baptismal records, medical records and adoption decrees are often useful." (Paragraph 8 of the above, lengthy, webpage).

When we applied for my wife's immigrant visa (green card) we also submitted photos of our passports showing overseas travel together, photos of us together while travelling, and a couple affidavits from credible people attesting to the solidity of our relationship.

That is for immigration, not tourist.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Bills, lease, anything current with both names and address on it.  That might not be that important.  I listed these from memory of another forum, Visa Journey.  They have a tourist visa section and also a Philippines section.

• Like 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is for immigration, not tourist.

You're right.  I stand corrected.

Possum
Posted
Posted

My wife took a LOT of documents with her to the interview but they never asked for anything. The guy had her application on the screen in front of him. He asked her what I did before I retired. She told him and he said,"I see that" He asked where we were going to visit. She told him and he said,"Yep, says that right here. You are approved." She estimates it took 3 minutes.

When you fill out the online application take screenshots of each page to refresh your memory however you cannot take them with you.

Ignore the estimated wait time for interview. Once your application is accepted keep checking the appointment link. Openings occur frequently.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Greglm said:

Ignore the estimated wait time for interview. Once your application is accepted keep checking the appointment link. Openings occur frequently.

I read that the appointments are moving along well now, after the huge backlog and delays during the pandemic.

• Like 1