New Zealand man killed in makati

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 2/24/2023 at 3:04 AM, usa32 said:

wow, i guess this one got too much media attention, plus the guy sounded like a good guy, not a "monger". Alot of these unfortunately, never are solved.

500k pesos, is a big reward in the Philippines.   Hopefully hes prosecuted properly.

Although I am not, I know many mongers that are good guy’s can’t believe that comment. Also, maybe I’ve been here to long and becoming cynical, but after the reward comes out, the police have 4 witnesses that that have identified this suspect as the guy who shot this poor fella, please...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Although I am not, I know many mongers that are good guy’s can’t believe that comment. Also, maybe I’ve been here to long and becoming cynical, but after the reward comes out, the police have 4 witnesses that that have identified this suspect as the guy who shot this poor fella, please...

Re. your last sentence, surely the point and purpose of a reward is to incentivise people to come forward so no surprise some have.  That doesn't necessarily mean the "suspect" is a fall guy although he may be. Who would bother sticking their hand up if there is no reward, especially here. 

• Like 2

usa32
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Good points on the witnesses. Who knows. Dark, after midnight in makati. How you have 4 witnesses is beyond me. But lets hope this is the right guy. I heard he turned himself in. But who knows.

On the monger comment, I have no problem with mongers, all of us come there for easier access to pretty women, so i dont have a negative opinion on anybody based on that. I am just saying the new zealand guy was affiliated with a church, etc. and that in the media, that goes off better, than a monger working burgos. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

What exactly is a monger?

In the UK it would be construed very negatively as a derivative of a person with Down Sundrome (mongel).  Not nice.

baronapart
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

What exactly is a monger?

In the UK it would be construed very negatively as a derivative of a person with Down Sundrome (mongel).  Not nice.

Sex tourist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

Definitions of monger. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold. synonyms: bargainer, dealer, trader.

There are Fishmongers, Ironmongers, Cheesmongers etc etc. the mongers I know like to meet girls in Malls & in the Street. They don’t pay for sex but buy dinners, fund outings etc.

Some say the cheapest girls are found in the bar & are barfined. My lady costs considerably more Lol. I wouldn’t have it any other way, she’s a keeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

Sex tourist.

15 hours ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Definitions of monger. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold. synonyms: bargainer, dealer, trader.

There are Fishmongers, Ironmongers, Cheesmongers etc etc. the mongers I know like to meet girls in Malls & in the Street. They don’t pay for sex but buy dinners, fund outings etc.

Some say the cheapest girls are found in the bar & are barfined. My lady costs considerably more Lol. I wouldn’t have it any other way, she’s a keeper.

This was my confusion - I could only find the definition Sailor Jerry quoted but it seems unrelated to a Sex Tourist, more akin to a Pimp.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Told this story to to Mrs F. She said there are no laundrys open at that hour of the night. I believe this is definitely true for Cebu. Can some Manila dweller comment? If this is true, what was the victim actually up to?

Edited by Guy F.

Possum
Posted
Posted

There are 24 hour laundries in Manila

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Greglm said:

There are 24 hour laundries in Manila

Yes and other places. There has been a rise in do-it-yourself laundry places (coin machines)and Guy F lady is probably thinking about the laundries where it's done for you and pick up later.