Renewing 13A Permanent Resident ACR Card

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Those are not the forms for renewal of 13a permanent resident ACR card.  I will see if I can find it.

This is it.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/FY_2019/ACR_I-Card/2015-08-002-ACR_I-Card_Renewal.pdf

Some guy on the FB group said don't change your address because his got messed up.  Technically you are supposed inform them of address changes when they happen.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Try this one but still he does not have to do it himself

Sure, especially when the client is older someone can do it for them.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This is it.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/FY_2019/ACR_I-Card/2015-08-002-ACR_I-Card_Renewal.pdf

Some guy on the FB group said don't change your address because his got messed up.  Technically you are supposed inform them of address changes when they happen.

I'd be wary of taking the advice about not changing address - the fines will add up counting from when you moved.  I was caught out on this and ended up paying a 7k fine - long story short I DID inform them but the official didn't process the change and said they would take care of it when the card was renewed - not the case!  Of course, how would they know you'd moved if you don't tell them but who knows what new procedures will be introduced in the future which MAY involve proof of address.  

I wouldn't recommend taking the chance.  Of course, you can conveniently change address just before you need the new card so can kill two birds with one stone. :whistling:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd be wary of taking the advice about not changing address - the fines will add up counting from when you moved.  I was caught out on this and ended up paying a 7k fine - long story short I DID inform them but the official didn't process the change and said they would take care of it when the card was renewed - not the case!  Of course, how would they know you'd moved if you don't tell them but who knows what new procedures will be introduced in the future which MAY involve proof of address.  

I wouldn't recommend taking the chance.  Of course, you can conveniently change address just before you need the new card so can kill two birds with one stone. :whistling:

What I did not say well is that it is not advised to change your address when doing the card renewal.  That guy might have had similar problems as you.  You should always change the address immediately when moving.  Worst case change it sometime after you move and before you renew the card.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What I did not say well is that it is not advised to change your address when doing the card renewal.  That guy might have had similar problems as you.  You should always change the address immediately when moving.  Worst case change it sometime after you move and before you renew the card.

Got you.

In terms of cost, updating address at the same time as renewal is cost-effective but can arouse suspicion and subsequent hassle as well as the risk of the new card not having the new address.  Changing just after renewal is expensive, agreed.

Bottom line - update your card whenever you move regardless and don't rely on the fact they'll never know as it may come back and bite your ass later!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
BLM
Posted
Posted

If my probationary 13A expires in November, how many months in advance can I apply for the permanent 13A? The probationary is one year, but I'd like to apply as early as possible to avoid any problems from the deadline.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BLM said:

If my probationary 13A expires in November, how many months in advance can I apply for the permanent 13A? The probationary is one year, but I'd like to apply as early as possible to avoid any problems from the deadline.

I believe ( as they told me) 3 months is about the right time :tiphat: in fact this what I did and it was about right:smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
BLM
Posted
Posted

I went in yesterday, the 4th would have been 3 months in advance, so I know I have plenty of time to correct any errors or pay any other fees that might arise. It was just a few hours of waiting and making copies of things. They handed back all my documents, after checking that I had replaced all of them. I have two of everything now. All the fees and everything came to about 11k php. They double checked my passport to be sure I hadn't left the country during my probationary period.

I can check online to see when my new ACR will be ready and make another trip to Manila to pick it up. The wife needed to do some shopping in Manila so I didn't use the office in Balanga, otherwise I avoid Manila.

They didn't give an estimate on how long the approval would take, I'm guessing a few weeks like the probationary approval. 

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

My 13A spouse visa card runs out this year. Anyone know the requirements to renew the 5 year permanent spouse visa card? And cost?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jimeve said:

My 13A spouse visa card runs out this year. Anyone know the requirements to renew the 5 year permanent spouse visa card? And cost?

Thanks anyway, just hahttps://immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/FY_2019/ACR_I-Card/2015-08-002-ACR_I-Card_Renewal.pdfd a little search and fond out this...