Quicken For Personal Finance

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Due to the new computer, I'm biting the bullet and converting from MS Money to Quicken Deluxe.  Quicken Deluxe is $2.99 a month billed annually.

I'm regretting not doing it before.  MS Money has not been updated since 2009 and has no support.  However, I have transactions in Money back to 1999, so it was difficult to make the jump.  Quicken is very robust with a lot of modern features that will save me time.  I was very happy that I was able to import my Money files with few problems.  Some dates go messed up but only a few. 

The old Money files will be used as archives, and I will start my new Quicken with 2023 data only.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Does it enable multi-currency input and automatic current exchange rate conversion?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Does it enable multi-currency input and automatic current exchange rate conversion?

Yes.  When I imported my Money files, it corrected imported my USD, AUD, Euro & Peso accounts, then I looked into how to set up a new account in whatever currency you desire.

As far as updating the exchange rate, not sure yet.  A quick search did not find it. I'm not sure if I would want automatic.  Maybe.  In Money it was manual.  Quicken has a lot of online links so it may be there.  It shows my total assets in pesos, which is the way I had it in Money (default currency set to pesos).  I will let you know when I figure it out.

I'm going to make make my new file default to USD, because we are moving this year.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I will let you know when I figure it out.

Found it.  Appears to be manual because the $/peso rate is a few months old.  I prefer manual because if it were auto your account values would be fluctuating daily and that would be confusing.

If you get it and setup your first account in AUD, maybe that becomes the default.  Just a guess.  My first account was my U.S. Mastercard.  When I set it up it allowed me to download 90 days of transactions and will update when I want.  The only thing is, the transaction categories are not what I want, so after the downloads I will have to update them.  Still a timesaver compared to manually entering the whole transaction like I used to.

Might want to check if they have an Aussie version that can connect to Aussie financial institutions.

Screenshot (929).png

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Found it.  Appears to be manual because the $/peso rate is a few months old.  I prefer manual because if it were auto your account values would be fluctuating daily and that would be confusing.

If you get it and setup your first account in AUD, maybe that becomes the default.  Just a guess.  My first account was my U.S. Mastercard.  When I set it up it allowed me to download 90 days of transactions and will update when I want.  The only thing is, the transaction categories are not what I want, so after the downloads I will have to update them.  Still a timesaver compared to manually entering the whole transaction like I used to.

Might want to check if they have an Aussie version that can connect to Aussie financial institutions.

Screenshot (929).png

Yes, there is an Aussie version that does it.  

Thanks for the info.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (929).png

FYI, this currency list only is available is you set up accounts with more than one currency.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Thanks 1