Coming back to Philippines

Johnkalbo
Posted
Posted

Hi all I was in angels for some Time met my now wife and came back to the uk in 2010 to see mum who was suffering with dementia then brought my wife in 2011 to look after mum for 4 years till she passed away we stayed here and brought my now adopted daughter who will be 16 this year. Well uk is fast going down the toilet I have a healthy pension so want to come back . Question time what’s it like to live there now and can I pick up a 2 bed property in the 2 million price bracket  many thank for any information 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

All depends what your plans and needs are. City life for your daughter to continue education, medical requirements, hobbies, pass times, likes, dislikes. etc.

As for a 2 bed for 2m I'm guessing that's peso then I doubt you will get quality for 2m. Popular places have unpopular prices, live in the sticks and you can buy a cheap shack, move to a city you're starting at about 4.5m for a rabbit hutch in an average area.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I agree with you about the Uk , and as Snowy says you won’t get anything for 2 million worth looking at , but it all depends on where you are wanting to be in the Philippines.

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted (edited)

For 2 million pounds you can get a great place :cheersty: invite me over, I'd love to see the place. For 2 million Peso you could buy a small piece of land in the province. For some reason, property in the Philippines is more expensive than us westerners would expect. 

Edited by fototek1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

With 2 million you're probably better off renting IMO.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Your best bet is to due some research on Facebook Marketplace on different areas that you are interested in. That will give you an idea on where to start.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As others suggest rent a place for awhile travel around some then decide.

Although having your girl in a quality school may require you to be in or close to a larger city. Yes, there are good schools but you must search them out.

• Like 1