Posted
Posted

Great news Geoff! 

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

As far as I can tell there is this new e-travel thing I have to register for and evidently I still have to wear a mask when travelling to the philippines (even though I didn't have to wear one when leaving).

No I don't think thats correct. You must wear a mask in the Philippines airports and on domestic flights. Coming here is whatever the airline's policy is and has nothing to do with the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No I don't think thats correct. You must wear a mask in the Philippines airports and on domestic flights. Coming here is whatever the airline's policy is and has nothing to do with the Philippines.

OK noted thanks :)

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Good one, don’t forget to stock up on your tablets 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Clermont said:

Good one, don’t forget to stock up on your tablets 

Yes I will, they're supposed to be available in the Philippines but that doesn't mean they'll be in stock when I ask LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2023 at 6:28 AM, GeoffH said:

As far as I can tell there is this new e-travel thing I have to register for and evidently I still have to wear a mask when travelling to the philippines (even though I didn't have to wear one when leaving).

etravel is a breeze but be sure to do it before you check in... recently checked in for my flight in Kilimanjaro on Qatar  and they checked 3 times that I had the etravel qr and wrote down the code and took screenshot. Took one second to go past the etravel booth... but getting to immigration was a different matter. That took one hour.........3 flgihts all arrived at same time .......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2023 at 2:53 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not a mask to be seen on my flight, nor anywhere else in NAIA, airport, except airline staff. Passengers.. no masks required.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just registered to e-travel.  It wouldn't accept my hotel booking as my destination in the Philippines

The destination page wasn't on Jennifer Terri's you tube video about e-travel (might be a new addition) but it did accept the address if house in CDO however the page also required a philippine telephone number (so I used SWMBO's number).

Take the train to Melbourne tomorrow then the bus to the Airport for an overnight flight to Singapore, then a long wait in the Plaza lounge at Changi then a shorter flight to Manila.

Bit concerned about transport from the airport to the hotel, the PUV strike doesn't effect taxi (or grab I think) but with no PUV running I'm guessing it's going to be harder than ever to get a taxi or a grab (and probably even harder next day to get one from the hotel back to the airport).

Oh well... will worry about that when I get there (it's still more fun in the Philippines) :hystery:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1