Cebu bank, EUR tourist acr

Patryk
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

I understand the need to have a bank account here, but less so why it has to be in Euros IF it becomes a limiting factor in getting an account.  I have a Peso account and when I send GBP to it it is automatically converted to Pesos.  

Wouldn't that work for you?

I think it would be good, if it is not highly overpriced, did you compare your conversion rates with BOE? 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Patryk said:

I think it would be good, if it is not highly overpriced, did you compare your conversion rates with BOE? 

The exchange rate is at least competitive with the "published" rates.  Very difficult to compare exact rates as all I see is the total paid into my account after fees, charges etc but it's usually a tad above the published rate. 

• Thanks 1

Patryk
Posted
Posted

As an update I just visited two banks with different approach. BDO first, I was playing my card with "high deposit" in near future, declined as my Acr card says tourist. 

Showed company's guaranty letter at BPI, and got my both accounts set. EUR and Peso. 

That went better than expected

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Patryk said:

As an update I just visited two banks with different approach. BDO first, I was playing my card with "high deposit" in near future, declined as my Acr card says tourist. 

Showed company's guaranty letter at BPI, and got my both accounts set. EUR and Peso. 

That went better than expected

Glad it worked out for you. 😃

• Thanks 1