Annoying Local Behavior

Freebie
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Always made welcome and a red horse placed in my hand whenever needed.

You probably paid for it, knowingly or unknowingly.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, hk blues said:

What cheeses me off and happens often is, the elevator door opens on the ground floor for me to get out but can't do it as the Filipinos are forcing their way in as if they will miss the next ride if they don't get in.

What about delivery persons who block the elevator door with a crate and begin filling all remaining space with 5-gallon water bottles and merchandise?

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Several years back we had a number of the extended family over for lunch and swim.  My bro-in-law asked me if I wanted a beer.  I thought it was nice that they had brought beer over.  It was after they left that I discovered all my beer was gone. :hystery:

This reminds me of another thing I find annoying here.  When we have relatives or neighbors visiting they often open our fridge to see what we have available, hahaha. To me, that's kind of strange and rude. Do you guys experience the same?

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Several years back we had a number of the extended family over for lunch and swim.  My bro-in-law asked me if I wanted a beer.  I thought it was nice that they had brought beer over.  It was after they left that I discovered all my beer was gone. :hystery:

I had the same experience but on a different note I noticed the beer stock was getting low so I asked the gf to get everyone to put into the hat and we will get some more. Funny thing they decided that they had enough to drink and were heading home, which is when I attacked the reserve stock in my room.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

New annoying thing.

We went to the SM yesterday I drove so we had a long walk to the entrance.

we went to our favourite restaurant and as we walked I could hear the music blaring so I asked the young person serving if the music could be turned down, to which it was, I guess they like it like that, but I did ask very politely.

Some time back the battery in my car kept going flat and the local idea is to keep putting it on a charger overnight to get a boost, there was no way that anyone would listen to me that there was something wrong with the electrical system in the car until I took it to a bright spark who identified that that the radio was causing the short. So the solution was to take the radio out, and this young man asked me what I wanted to replace it with.
”Nothing I like quiet”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

This reminds me of another thing I find annoying here.  When we have relatives or neighbors visiting they often open our fridge to see what we have available, hahaha. To me, that's kind of strange and rude. Do you guys experience the same?

Sorry Viking.... I cannot give really good news here. I have been informed by L that, when you have your relatives visiting, your house is effectively an open house. Cannot say so much about neighbours. But family considers when they visit that the house is part of their purvey. I get a bit annoyed when they use all our cookware, plates and utensils, which is their right according to L. But then they sometimes destroy a few things - unintentionally, of course, because they are ignorant of their use or care (note... ignorant, not stupid!). And after they wash things up - destroying a few bits along the way - they try to do good by putting things away... My God! Few things end up where they started and it sometimes takes a week or more to find things that have been so helpfully stowed...

It is not their fault, as L has pointed out, they just don't know. So I am trying my best to be available when they are cleaning up to organize where it all gets replaced. But I still miss a lot. Another is when they go to clean something that is teflon or other non-stick cookware and attack it with a heavy scrub sponge or brush. L tries to help, but, again, I need to help organize and steer. L recognizes and is familiar with these products, but her family and friends are not, usually.... So beware!!!

The latest was my nice, 25 year old wooden, Thompson pepper grinder that somehow was placed, instead of in an empty little plastic cup to prevent pepper spills everywhere, in the washing machine detergent measuring cup!!! So L was so nice to wash it all out, but the use of water to clean it cracked the base... I'm not sure if it will still work okay. L....ever so helpful suggested to just wrap the base in duct tape!!! Okay... that's a Filipino fix, bit doesn't really address the issue.

So I try to hide some of my prized cooking and working tools to prevent unintentional destruction. 

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Freebie said:

You probably paid for it, knowingly or unknowingly.

Ah, don't be like that.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

The family are not drinkers, I am the only one who drinks so my stash is safe in the fridge!  The Red Horse was supplied by the cousin who lives next door - they had a Karaoke party!