Annoying Local Behavior

Freebie
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ni 4 is my big bugbear.  In our local SM City out of 8 ATM's from 4 different banks we are lucky if 2 are working.  I discovered a little known machine where of 2 machines 1 is always working so I make a beeline for that one every Sunday.  The Metrobank ATM hasn't worked for about 6 months yet there it sits, lights on and screen active but nobody's at home! 

The ATM is go to has a notice on inserting card stating " machine unable to provide receipt ". Its ben like that for one year. As I never take the receipts it doesnt really matter, but the machnie gets refilled once a week so Im assume someone is aware of it, and someone else is " not my job/dont care/ bahala na etc

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Freebie said:

The ATM is go to has a notice on inserting card stating " machine unable to provide receipt ". Its ben like that for one year. As I never take the receipts it doesnt really matter, but the machnie gets refilled once a week so Im assume someone is aware of it, and someone else is " not my job/dont care/ bahala na etc

Without wishing to labour the point, the Metrobank ATM I spoke of has this issue - it asks you to confirm no receipt is OK then later it asks the same question again and then, at the final stage just before the cash is dispensed the screen advises transaction cannot be completed i.e. no cash!  I fell for this a couple of times and now just don't bother even trying and spend the 18 php to use a BDO machine.  Interestingly, BDO machines in SM are more reliable than others - I wonder why? (I don't - I know why!)

There can't be many countries where you use an ATM more in hope than expectation of getting your money! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

I find it annoying that many stores have products on display that but no stock, and they don't sell the one they have on display either! Why have something on display if they can't sell it???

When asking staff in stores if they have an item the answer is often, sorry sir, we don't have that. Surprisingly often I find the item by myself and I can't understand why it's like this. Are they just lazy or ignorant?

It feels like there are a million employees inside the SM Hypermarket but only a few cashier with long lines as a result.

Our Hypermarket has no system at all for used carts and baskets at the cashier. As a result people just leave their carts where they are and it's often total chaos!

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Viking said:

It feels like there are a million employees inside the SM Hypermarket but only a few cashier with long lines as a result.

Yesterday I experienced this at Wilcon Olongapo.  After 10 years, these things are getting to me.

Wilcon was not very busy at all.  In the main secure (tool) area there were probably 50 + sales and stockers, most doing almost nothing.  They have 2 cash registers leaving the secure area and then some kind of service counter across the aisle, where it appears a supervisor sits.

I had a litre of paint and some hose washers.  I go to pay and one register is open, with 3 people in front of me.  The first is finishing up some kind of abnormal transaction.  The second is buying 2 items.  The dog bowl doesn't ring up, so a bagger takes it over to the service counter to check the price.  After 5 minutes, we are stil waiting.  Two more join the que behind me.  The third in line is returning fan.  So I ask the cashier if they can open the other register.  Deer in headlights.  No answer.  Another 5 minutes pass and everybody is antsy.  Finally she calls the security guard over and she says we can go to the Express checkout at the front.  I didn't know it existed.

So of course the young guy in back of me zips up there before me.  There is already a lady in front of use with several items.  Price check.  Wait a few.  Finally the "Express" cashier asks the lady if she can take us first, and she was fine with that.  The guy in front of me owes like 1050, and has 2000.  "Do you have smaller bills sir?".  No.  She SLOWLY walks to get change.  Takes 5 minutes.  Did she come back with more small change for the drawer.  Of course not.  Just his change.

I only had a few small bills.  My bill was 345.  Luckily I had 350 and she had the 5 pesos for change.  Otherwise, it would have another SLOW walk to get my change for 1000.  So in all, it took me 25 minutes to check out with my 2 items.

They just don't care.  Customers accept waiting for everything, and management plans accordingly.  I expect better from a high end, high cost retailer like Wilcon.  Management lacks common sense.  So many workers and they can't arrange to have a backup cashier when it gets busy.  There were 5-6 workers milling around the supervisor's desk.

Another oddity.  The workers are searched when they leave the secure area.  What was strange is that they have to stand on a stepping stool to be searched.

• Like 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Viking said:

When asking staff in stores if they have an item the answer is often, sorry sir, we don't have that. Surprisingly often I find the item by myself and I can't understand why it's like this. Are they just lazy or ignorant?

Was in Rustans the other day looking for my beer, Tiger dark. They had one only and I wanted severla. There are two staff nearby and I ask if they have more. They all do the shaking/wigglings hands motion.  I said " so if you went to the staff cafeteria and there was no food what would you do " ???

They looked , thought, looked and thought again... "Maybe go find the supervisor to tell them theres no food "... and so....I said... and so I said... and so I said... and then, light bulb moment... " Ah I go find the supervisor now"... whether they really did or not I dont know, but I tried......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Another oddity.  The workers are searched when they leave the secure area.  What was strange is that they have to stand on a stepping stool to be searched.

I have seen this at other stores, thought it look odd so I watched for a bit.  Turns out it makes it easier for the searcher to check socks for anything hidden.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I have seen this at other stores, thought it look odd so I watched for a bit.  Turns out it makes it easier for the searcher to check socks for anything hidden.

Makes sense, in the Philippines.

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They just don't care. 

In a nutshell.

Far more importantly is why? Monkeys and peanuts partly explains it but the general population suffer from this 'malaise' much of the time. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 3/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, CebuAndy said:

4'th, some white taxi without a door handle inside, both rear doors. Would think the driver would be tired to jump out at the end of all trips to open the door - enough, to get it fixed. Nope. Guess he waits for a miracle replacement :2245_safe:

SWMBO papa was a taxi driver, he said that many owner/driver taxi franchisees remove the inside rear door handles so that passengers can't do a runner and not pay.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yesterday I experienced this at Wilcon 

I also reacted on this, I even snapped a picture of it, hahaha.

IMG_20230307_164752356_HDR.jpg

• Like 3