Filipino culture/behavior compared to other countries

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Filipinas still believe in sweet words from a boy, as they did in the 80's, and get pregnant in their teens, and maybe 90% ends up yet another single mum. Even contraceptives are now available for those age 18 up (big mistake to exclude minors, who start earlier and earlier). Few if any seems to use the Pill or condom. The number of women who have 5-8-?? Kids, and single mum, in their 30's, are extreme. Still 'they' don't do major changes, that are obviously needed.

People never learn, do they.

Yes, we all know 'who' to blame for this.

In the west, education in high school and contraceptives available for all ages, very seldom one see a teenager mum. And parents usually have 'that talk' with their children, before 6'th grade.

Go to church 1-? times per week, only to become a sinner, few hours later. Pretend to be so religious, but outside the church, all is soon forgotten.

Compared to the west, where few are actually religious these days - but those who are, seems to live same they preach, with exceptions as always.

Western influence from internet tv, like:

Tattoo, colored bleached hair, young women with short hair, provokative dressed, ........

The West has a lot to be responsible for. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

From my observation the average Filipino is non confrontational which tends to mean they will agree with what you ask even if the outcome is going to mean you are not getting it.  They are also a very proud nation who take offence at the slightest thing but going back to the non confrontational thing unless in groups they will get you back in underhand ways. 

To me growing up in Scotland where it's normal to be told to F off you're not getting it and any offence is met with a swift kicking then forgotten about it certainly takes some adjustment.

They also respect authority too much and will agree with the most stupid instruction even if it is obviously wrong.

I'll add, not all but too many for my liking have the above traits and why I try to have as little dealings as possible with many organisations and individuals. 

• Like 3