Who lives in a house like this

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

I would never buy a townhouse or condo in the Philippines. I don't want the maintenance dictated by a collective. Show me one building that is more then 20 years old that still looks good and I might change my mind.

Mine is Ayala Premier. Excellent maintenance and good capital appreciation. Very well looked after and few stupid rules, but being Ayala of course theres a few. I mostly ignore them. This property will still look good in several years time.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

For balance, these units are a first step on the property ladder for many Filipino families and a step-up from what many of them are used to.  The prices reflect the size, quality, location etc.  They are certainly better than my 1st place when I started out in married life in a small apartment on the 4th floor of a building from 1890.  My parent's 1st family home didn't even have a toilet and certainly no bath - different times I know.  

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

We looked at almost identical to those in the OP in a new subd on the Valencia - Bacong road.  I reckon they were at the same stage as when @Dave Hounddriver bought his.  Basically concrete shells with stairs up to an open upstairs space.  Fitted out they'd be fine for a single person or couple who aren't into "things".  Filipinos would fit at least 11 in there.  The ones we looked at seemed solidly built and finished to the point they were. Add a carport, fence and some pavers out the front and you're good.  Yes we asked if this was permissible, and in the ones we checked out it was.  Relatively cheap too, 1.2 million PHP if I remember correctly. 

They seem to have like semi detached houses  too and like you say a side garden where you could erect a carport but not to sure of these prices , but nothing like your 1.2 million

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

nothing like your 1.2 million

Depends on location, size, and what finishing you want, but 1.2 M is  what I would expect where Brett was mentioning.  Add interior finishing and a carport and it could easy run up to 1.8M.

2 hours ago, stevewool said:

They seem to have like semi detached houses  too

There are subdivisions where you can get that, or even a fully detached house in the same price range.  But depends on location.  I am thinking of the suburb areas around Dumaguete for that price (and I do not know if the prices have gone up much since 2020).  Just keep in mind that hk blues had it right.  To paraphrase, these are very basic starter homes for the newlyweds and nearly deads.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

To paraphrase, these are very basic starter homes for the newlyweds and nearly deads.

Which were you? :whistling:

• Haha 5

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, Mike J said:

whenever I see one of these developments or advertisements I see a future slum area with run down buildings.  And quite possible the problems with drugs, crime, etc. that seem to go with housing developments on the decline. 

Not only is that true, but the Philippines is going to get much, much worse because of it thanks to all the new urban housing projects underway.

“We will sustain the positive momentum to achieve our goal of building one million housing units annually in the next six years,” - https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2023/02/28/2248192/marcos-inaugurates-national-housing-program-cebu