Weirdos in the Philippines

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I thought you been to Thailand and maybe Pattaya .... Way more nutcases here, promise.

6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What draws weirdos here to the Philippines? 

Cheap cost of living compared to where they're from.

Cheap booze, and cheap ... (🐈) sorry I forgot, but it was 1 more important thing, for men :whistling:

Now, when Thailand already legalized cannabis / weed, way more 'stoned' nut people, everywhere. Late at night, their screams can be heard, darned pot heads

• Like 5

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2023 at 12:39 AM, CebuAndy said:

I thought you been to Thailand and maybe Pattaya .... Way more nutcases here, promise.Now, when Thailand already legalized cannabis / weed, way more 'stoned' nut people, everywhere. Late at night, their screams can be heard, darned pot heads

It's for sure the weed of Today is Not the weed of the 60's/70's!   Back then it was a serious case of the munchies :popcorn: and laughing at Everything, but now apparently lot more psychotic breaks :SugarwareZ-037: than McDonalds Bic Macs  from the hybrid strains. :6:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

azntravlr
Posted
Posted

Most mongers are weirdos I stay far away. I only stick with the locals. I’m not to keen meeting other Americans 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Not so much weirdos but for me there is an excess of foreigners that left their brains back in their home country.  They do everything I'd like to think they'd advise their teenage kids not to do and convince themselves they are the one in a million that are going to beat the system.

You know the type, fall in love online, send money to buy the land and to build the house in an area they've never been in a country they've never lived and are asking how you get married here. I just bite my lip in person now when I meet them and the much younger single parent partner with tattoos who is eyeing up every foreigner that walks past. 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, Old55 said:

We have no idea what was up with that individual but it was good of you to check in with him as you did Tom. 

The luggage he was dragging had like flight tags on it so I thought he might have been looking for a hotel or condo but couldn't get his bearings or something. Have not seen him since.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

My pet wonderment is (our Slang) the number of foreigner little fathers here. Even in our smallish complex there is about 5 foreigners, half would be holidaying a few months a year, Almost all claim, in some cases correctly, to be building a church and are ministering. Its something like when making an intro....What church are you preaching in.

Most are very nice guys, one English guy whom I am friendly with is a very intelligent super well read guy whom is building an orphanage and church here.  Amazingly he insists, not joking, he will live to 135. We discuss this and he firmly believes the man upstairs will grant this. He did have a near death experience, when 20, showed me the horrendous scars. Maybe this has a bearing not sure.

Another is a Joheavo Witness  lovely bloke whom I share the gym with. We chit chat for over an hour 3 times a week, although not forcefully he does enjoy to discuss his faith, moving to Dumaguete as services there he says are in English, unlike Bacolod.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Okay.... a side story, not Filipino in nature...

Years ago when residing aboard the yacht and moored in American Samoa, we met a guy at a bar who called himself Captain J.W.R***. He was sort of cool as he bought several of us rounds of beer at this bar where we encountered him. Over the course of an hour or more of drinking, he claimed he was from USA Special Forces and was on secret assignment. Oh really? then he claimed to also be a brain surgeon who had operated, successfully, on his own brother. Really? He seemed to have some money since he drove a nice pickup. He took a group of us to another bar after a while. (Not many bars in American Samoa...) But his stories became more preposterous as the evening progressed. Eventually he suggested that the bunch of us go with him in the pickup to his house.... no one accepted the offer.

Later, I learned from a friend that, no, he was not really undercover special forces, but worked as a bagger at a small, local grocery. Now I think maybe he was just on medical (psychological) disability possibly from some former military service?

Crazies are everywhere!

• Like 5