Canadian Becomes A Filipino Citizen

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

This is the reason why the Philippines has so many successful foreign vloggers compared to countries like Thailand.  Many give up and relocate to the Philippines after realizing the English-speaking audience in Thailand is less than 100K.  A substantial number of viewers for Philippine related vlogs are OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) who are nostalgic for home.  The advertisers pay more for audiences from countries like the United States, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Correct. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you suppose granting him citizenship has anything to do with taxes?  I mean a Canadian would pay taxes to Canada on his revenue and a Filipino would pay taxes to the BIR.  True or not?

Do you know which would be higher?  He has over a million subscribers so he is making good money.

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well if you did watch his videos you will see him make many of those headbands and also gives them away. Also for the purpose of this topic Kyle is Canadian and not American.

The next thing is why are people so negative? for a new member you're looking at permanent moderation as l can see where you are leading topics too. 

I know he’s Canadian why would u think otherwise?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Azntravir, please tone down your rhetoric. This is a polite warning

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you suppose granting him citizenship has anything to do with taxes?  I mean a Canadian would pay taxes to Canada on his revenue and a Filipino would pay taxes to the BIR.  True or not?

He would have to pay taxes to bir if he’s officially a Filipino national. The president needs to sign off on it according to the ph news 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Just now, azntravlr said:

He would have to pay taxes to bir if he’s officially a Filipino national. The president needs to sign off on it according to the ph news 

He may also be obliged to pay taxes to Philippines for his Filipino YouTube Chanel clearly earning in country. 

azntravlr
Posted
Posted

All foreigners need to pay regardless according to this article. Even patreon and YouTube superchats will be taxed as that is considered income. BIR tax ID is required. I know some YouTubers in PH they file BIR taxes no matter how little income, yet there are YouTubers who don’t follow protocol 
https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2021/08/17/2120618/foreign-vloggers-not-exempted-breaking-down-bir-tax-social-media-creators-influencers

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Not really a fan of his videos but to be fair his pinoy baiting isn't as bad as most others.
'WOW is this really the Philippines!?'

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Is it baiting or having a target audience, same as any other business?  Either way it's a model that's working for him, good on him I say; living a life he loves and managing to make a living off it to boot.  Kudos to him I reckon. I don't particularly dislike his content, some of it I find interesting, but he's not a guy I watch a lot and that makes sense, I'm not his target audience;  middle-aged male living as an expat.  Kommander Duat is much the same.  

• Like 1