Canadian Becomes A Filipino Citizen

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Is it baiting or having a target audience, same as any other business?  Either way it's a model that's working for him, good on him I say; living a life he loves and managing to make a living off it to boot.  Kudos to him I reckon. I don't particularly dislike his content, some of it I find interesting, but he's not a guy I watch a lot and that makes sense, I'm not his target audience;  middle-aged male living as an expat.  Kommander Duat is much the same.  

His target audience are Filipinos 

azntravlr
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

This is the reason why the Philippines has so many successful foreign vloggers compared to countries like Thailand.  Many give up and relocate to the Philippines after realizing the English-speaking audience in Thailand is less than 100K.  A substantial number of viewers for Philippine related vlogs are OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) who are nostalgic for home.  The advertisers pay more for audiences from countries like the United States, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

It’s the YouTube algorithm. The advertising pay depends on the content provided in the channel. Some pay less some pay more. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, azntravlr said:

His target audience are Filipinos 

That's my point. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2023 at 12:19 PM, fillipino_wannabe said:

Not really a fan of his videos but to be fair his pinoy baiting isn't as bad as most others.
'WOW is this really the Philippines!?'

I must be behind the times.  I never heard of pinoy baiting until this thread, and Wikipedia has a reference.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:26 PM, BrettGC said:

Is it baiting or having a target audience, same as any other business?  Either way it's a model that's working for him, good on him I say; living a life he loves and managing to make a living off it to boot.  Kudos to him I reckon. I don't particularly dislike his content, some of it I find interesting, but he's not a guy I watch a lot and that makes sense, I'm not his target audience;  middle-aged male living as an expat.  Kommander Duat is much the same.  

Agree.  Pinoy baiting?  Who made this up?  Sounds like like a something a pinoy vlogger made up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinoy_baiting

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

There’s no need to visit Canada

If you say so.  Being from there, he may be of another opinion.  Perhaps he wants to go visit family and friends one day.  Good luck with that.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

since you had previously stated that he would have to visit Canada to officially renounce his citizenship.

I do not recall saying that.  Please quote stuff like that.

Major Tom
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

So it looks like more of a formality for the foreigner to renounce their original citizenship.  It would be entirely impractical for a Canadian to do that.  They would not be able to visit Canada on a Philippine passport. 

As per request.

Edited by Major Tom

Joey G
Posted
Posted

All this Canadian citizen and Canadian visa talk makes me wonder how they handle NHL players from a dozen different countries flow so freely between the US and Canada during the NHL hockey season.... or maybe it's harder than I thought. Like what if a Filipino made a NHL hockey team???? Maybe I'm stretching the envelope here.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Joey G said:

All this Canadian citizen and Canadian visa talk makes me wonder how they handle NHL players from a dozen different countries flow so freely between the US and Canada during the NHL hockey season.... or maybe it's harder than I thought. Like what if a Filipino made a NHL hockey team???? Maybe I'm stretching the envelope here.

Most countries have specific visas to deal with sports people and entertainers. 

• Like 2