Anyone Watching the Global Economy?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Ever since the start of this inflation cycle, I have been keeping an eye on global debt.  Most troubling is China with its collapsing real estate market, aging population, withdrawal of international companies from manufacturing, and the undisclosed total borrowings by their national, provincial and city governments.  The United States, Great Britain and European nations are sitting on a mountain of debt.  

Any suggestions as to where to park your money?  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Ever since the start of this inflation cycle, I have been keeping an eye on global debt.  Most troubling is China with its collapsing real estate market, aging population, withdrawal of international companies from manufacturing, and the undisclosed total borrowings by their national, provincial and city governments.  The United States, Great Britain and European nations are sitting on a mountain of debt.  

Cash and gold related investments.  Maybe some commodities.  The inflation will go backwards once the collapse starts.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I'm actually putting any extra into my retirement fund at the moment.  Against expectations It was one of the few in Australia that made money in the last financial year.  Granted, it was only 4% but it's better than a lot of other places.  The 3 years prior it was 15, 19 and 22% respectively so we were due for a hit.  And yes, that's after costs like admin fees and life insurance premiums.  Transport Workers Union Superannution for the Aussies that are interested, it's an industry fund so doesn't have the fees that some of the financial institutions' funds add in.  The banking royal commision a few years back was the best advertisement for industry funds ever. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I suspect you have seen the news of the second biggest bank failure in US history happening this past Friday?  Here is a link just in case.  Anywhere you park your money is risky right now

https://qz.com/silicon-valley-bank-is-the-second-largest-us-bank-failu-1850214350#:~:text=The closure of Silicon Valley,when it failed in 2008.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Good question.

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, JJReyes said:

As a wise man said, spend it, enjoy it while your well able to do.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We parked our excess in realestate, was looking at other options but too hard to justify a collapse on a world stage. 

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

Right now super safe US series I bonds are paying a little under 7% but you can't buy but $10000 a year for one account. However you can buy in your children's name also.