American who attacked Cebu delivery rider arrested by Immigration

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know for a fact that Phil has been working at Howling Dogs for years without a visa or work permit. It just shows how you get caught for being an idiot.

MANILA — The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Monday said it arrested an American who was caught on video assaulting a delivery rider in Cebu.

Immigration Commissioner Norman Tansingco said he had 43-year-old Phillip Justin Bean arrested after he found out that the latter has been overstaying in the Philippines for almost a year now.

BI records showed that his last extension of stay was on April 7, 2022.

The official also noted that Bean may have been illegally working as an alien in the country, as he has been working as a duty manager for a bar in Cebu City without a work permit and visa.

“He has no right to verbally and physically abuse a Filipino. His actions show that he is abusing the hospitality of our country. He should be deported for being an undesirable alien,” Tansingco said.

He added that Bean would be included in the immigration blacklist to perpetually ban him from re-entering the Philippines.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/13/23/immigration-bureau-nabs-american-who-attacked-cebu-delivery-rider

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good riddance. :wave:

I don't know the man but one less jerk giving expats and visitors a bad rap. How could he be so stupid to attack a Filipino while working!

Clearly he had income so its hard to understand why he overstayed.  

• Like 3

mountainside
Posted
Posted

Fantasy of the moment:  apply for appointment as a consular officer at the US Embassy in Manila.  Not for the assistance of US citizens in need.  Just me and a couple of military attaches, delegated to the task of quickly ridding the Philippines of fellas like this.  Might even work for free.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, mountainside said:

Might even work for free.

I hope you have your work permit in order 

• Like 2

mountainside
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Clermont said:

I hope you have your work permit in order

Forgot about that. Don't think the State Department would import me in a diplomatic pouch.  So back to my loving wife's plan:  lay low and abstain from disturbing the peace.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

How could he be so stupid to attack a Filipino while working!

Apparently, it happened about a year ago. It was settled with the rider but the mother decided to file charges so went south from there.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

American who was caught on video

Any idea where the video is?  

13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He has no right to verbally and physically abuse a Filipino

So which did he do?  Or both?  Video please!  I am not saying he should not be deported.  He overstayed his visa and was working without legal status, but I wonder how bad it really was?  Sometimes all a person has to do is raise his voice and say "You're Late" and that is considered verbal abuse to a Filipino.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Any idea where the video is?  

So which did he do?  Or both?  Video please!  I am not saying he should not be deported.  He overstayed his visa and was working without legal status, but I wonder how bad it really was?  Sometimes all a person has to do is raise his voice and say "You're Late" and that is considered verbal abuse to a Filipino.

Our caught out in a lie.