'Not my King': Protestors Heckle King Charles at Commonwealth Service

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As Americans it's not our place to judge or offer an opinion on the royals in todays world. Been there done that.

george3rd1.jpeg

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2023 at 3:04 AM, Snowy79 said:

Social media and good old confidential leaks will be the demise of the monarchy. I served over 24yr in the Armed Forces and never had a Royalist bone in my body. From my perspective all I've seen is them protecting their lifestyles and spending millions each year on PR companies to sell the dream to the plebs.

I've sat back as the Forces have been decimated, friends received redundancy letters whilst on operational tours, military hospitals closed, ex forces sleeping on the streets, maried quarters sold of to private businesses and almost all mental health care carried out by charities now.  I've also bumped into a few of the Royal family and not that impressed.  If they had stepped up to the plate and stuck up for the same people that put their lives on the line for them I may have a different perspective but when you see they are hiding their funds in offshore accounts and trying to claim every penny off the tax payer I think it's time they were resigned to history.  

What I am reading here seems what ever government was in power at the time had a big hand in doing all this 

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

What I am reading here seems what ever government was in power at the time had a big hand in doing all this 

I'm kind of on the same page as you on that, Steve.  I'm not sure what the Queen would have been expected to do to interfere in government policy given the monarchy is a more titular than actually influential on government policy.  At least, that's how it has always been painted.  

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2023 at 5:07 AM, JJReyes said:

You need a king to host those absolutely useless gatherings. 

The Commonwealth being about one third of the worlds population........

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Freebie said:

The Commonwealth being about one third of the worlds population........

Has the Commonwealth as a group achieve any significant accomplishments during the past 20 years?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: maybe you should read this, it may help you

How to win friends and influence people hi-res stock photography and images  - Alamy

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I respect the English royal family for sending some of their sons to the military, so they actually have skin in the game. I don't think more than one or two of the 500+ US congresscritters and Senators have offspring in the military.

The US is not a Republic or a Democracy. It's an oligarchy, run by and for the ultra-rich. Here's the proof: https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Has the Commonwealth as a group achieve any significant accomplishments during the past 20 years?

In a world of discontent , discord and differences, the mere fact that the leaders of one third of the worlds population gather for meaningless meetings says a lot. The fact that countries that werent historically part of the British Empire join it.. insignificant... plus the fact is represents 56 countries not 13 as  I think was quoted earlier , makes it a substantial organization. That it was presided over by Her Majesty who showed no favour  to any member state regardless of its history, leader place in world etc shows how well the Queen was at managing the organization.  Lets hope KC3 has an equally deft finger on its pulse....though hes been basically its head for few years now.

As

• Like 4