Cheese

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone had a similar problem as us finding cheese?

We were very accustomed to buying the wonderful Bega cheeses from Australia... and now they have disappeared off the shelves of the regular grocery stores here in Davao, like NCCC, SM and G-Mall...

Before, it was onions... now it is cheese! We find onions everywhere now, but the cheese is now gone.

So can I say I am getting cheesed off????

Edited by Tommy T.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Better to be cheesed off then "cheesed on" but yes all the affordable cheese seems to be gone.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

We were very accustomed to buying the wonderful Bega cheeses from Australia... and now they have disappeared off the shelves of the regular grocery stores here in Davao, like NCCC, SM and G-Mall...

Before, it was onions... now it is cheese! We find onions everywhere now, but the cheese is now gone.

Tommy, I hope this is a temporary situation. For me visiting Cebu many places have quality cheese some at a price. No cheese as an expat would be a deal breaker. I can do without many things but not a reasonable variety of cheese's (spelling?).

Gonna out myself. I may get banned. I love Stilton cheese however sometimes I'll add a bit of honey mustard to it. Go ahead and hate me frankly don' give a.........

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Total ignorance here... Stilton cheese? Sorry... no idea about that. But any reasonable cheese is fine with me... but not Dane's or the other "processed" so-called cheeses... I really miss the great Kiwi or Ozzie cheeses that I think are better than most I could buy in USA.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Total ignorance here... Stilton cheese?

Blue cheese.  Stinky but tasty.  Stilton is a strong variety of it.

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Blue cheese.  Stinky but tasty.  Stilton is a strong variety of it.

Ah, okay... Well I love blue cheese but never had that... I would totally enjoy that...thanks!

It cannot be stinkier than durian!!!!???

Edited by Tommy T.

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

It cannot be stinkier than durian!!!!???

If not then it’s a pretty close second place 🤣

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I feel lucky to find a good cheddar or mozzarella here in Moalboal.  I am almost embarrassed to admit I buy those pinoy pre wrapped cheese slices to make a ham and cheese on whole wheat.  And don't even get me started on dill pickles!  :hystery:

Possum
Posted
Posted

We are blessed to have a small local business called Pantry Italy nearby. Not cheap but great cheeses, hams and some decent wine. They do a very good business. You can find them on FB. So there is a market for good cheeses even in the provincial areas.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

And don't even get me started on dill pickles!

have you ever tried to pickle okra? it tastes very much like a dill pickle.

• Love it 1