Roll Up Doors

Possum
Posted
Posted

I just finished building a garage and I'm installing an electric powered roll up door with remote. Does anyone have experience with these as supplied in the Philippines? The ones available here look just like the ones on store fronts.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Greglm said:

I just finished building a garage and I'm installing an electric powered roll up door with remote. Does anyone have experience with these as supplied in the Philippines? The ones available here look just like the ones on store fronts.

Search on Facebook.  This one is in Angeles City.

https://fb.watch/juj_rrqvIR/

Possum
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately that type is not available near me. I'm having an electric powered store front type put in. It's challenging, as usual. When garage was built I had a junction box installed on the right side wall near the door to be utilized for supplying power to the motor. The installer said he has to run power to the left side of the door or else the remote will be reversed. "Down arrow will make the door go up and up arrow will make the door go down, sir."

Another one of those moments when I had to just walk away and collect myself. I asked my wife to go ask the guy and she came back with the exact same explanation, also confused. No one who has not lived here would believe this story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Greglm said:

Unfortunately that type is not available near me. I'm having an electric powered store front type put in. It's challenging, as usual. When garage was built I had a junction box installed on the right side wall near the door to be utilized for supplying power to the motor. The installer said he has to run power to the left side of the door or else the remote will be reversed. "Down arrow will make the door go up and up arrow will make the door go down, sir."

Another one of those moments when I had to just walk away and collect myself. I asked my wife to go ask the guy and she came back with the exact same explanation, also confused. No one who has not lived here would believe this story

Sort of believable.  I am picturing the installation of the motor and the way the gears turn.  I think the motor must be installed only in a certain direction, I mean with the gear facing the door?  In any case should not cost must to extend the wire 3 meters?

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Sort of believable.  I am picturing the installation of the motor and the way the gears turn.  I think the motor must be installed only in a certain direction, I mean with the gear facing the door?  In any case should not cost must to extend the wire 3 meters?

The door roller is chain driven by the motor. There is a reversing relay in the motor control box and all you have to do is exchange positions between two wires and motor can be mounted on the other side. They didn't know that. But even simpler than that you can just turn the remote upside down which had not occurred to them either. At any rate they only knew how to install with the motor on the left and they said installation did not include connecting electrical so I sent them on their way.. When we paid the final payment to the Chinese woman that owns the business we asked about warranty. She said "No warranty, never give warranty." I told her the motor had a one year manufacturer's warranty she said "Not my problem, your problem." We have several Chinese owned businesses here and most are as pleasant as her. I'll run some wire Monday...

• Like 1