Experiences with BI office SM North QC Manila?

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone extended their stay there recently? Are you allowed to come in summer clothes (knowing that in Makati you must wear proper shoes and long pants)? Any other experiences?

Edited by jimdones

• gabgab changed the title to Experiences with BI office SM North QC Manila?
fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Shorts and trainers are fine there.

• Like 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Thanks😊 I'll report my experiences once I go there

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Long pants at Makati?  This is the policy.

1375073_307277319410982_1357046895_n.jpg

• Like 3

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Interesting. A few years ago it was strictly 'no shorts and flip flops' at the Makati BI, they turned me away first time I was there and saw others being turned away also. Glad to see that's no longer the case :smile:

Edited by jimdones

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jimdones said:

Interesting. A few years ago it was strictly 'no shorts and flip flops' at the Makati BI, they turned me away first time I was there and saw others being turned away also. Glad to see that's no longer the case :smile:

Although the new rule which has been around for many years, you will find some offices have their own. If you were there a few years ago then I would say they are enforcing their own rule which was phased out. The Mactan office still has the long pants requirement poster but no one wears them and no issue with flip flops. 

Best to go prepared. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

2013 BI Facebook

NEW DRESS CODE POLICY

Administrative Circular No. SBM-2013-007 was issued on 01 October 2013 revising the policy on dress code imposed on clients transacting or with official business in the Bureau of Immigration (BI). Policy amendments were made to maximize and accommodate visitors and foreign nationals with legitimate dealings with the BI as well as the consideration of the tropical weather in the Philippines and the usual tourist attire.

The new policy requires strict adherence to decent attire and prescribed the minimum dress code requirements both for men and women. Meanwhile, business/office attire is required for those attending hearings or official meetings.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Slightly off topic.... Several years ago I was applying for my SRRV and travelled to Manila to get the "Red Ribbon" endorsement on one of my documents at the DFA (department of foreign affairs). I totally forgot about dress codes but did remember to wear long pants. The entrance guards took a look and noticed I was wearing flip flops (slippers they are called here) and was not going to allow me entrance. But then he saw I was sincere with my apology and let me in anyway.... Most island nations enforce rather strict dress codes for entrance into government buildings and offices... It just seems a bit strange to me when in such a hot climate where everything is so relaxed... but them's the rules...

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Most island nations enforce rather strict dress codes for entrance into government buildings and offices... It just seems a bit strange to me when in such a hot climate where everything is so relaxed... but them's the rules...

Do you think these would be ok? :whistling:

man-socks-slippers-floor-closeup-1240579

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Do you think these would be ok? :whistling:

man-socks-slippers-floor-closeup-1240579

That wouldn't be ok anywhere! 

• Haha 1