Comparing Where You Come From To Where You Are Now Or Want To Be

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I will start with my life in the UK before i came here, then what my life he is like so you can compare them.
Thank you Matt for your wonderful story above.:) I love to read happy stories because I have read on some forums of so many miserable expats who complain about everything and everyone. Positive stories such as your own are important while I feel at the same time it is also important to have balance and to tell people like it really is and not do as some forums do and try to make life and the Philippines seems like a first world paradise, yet at the same time it is really a paradise for many of us and for some of the reasons you mentioned above. Yes things are very different and far from perfect in a first world sense, yet they are so very perfect because life in the Philippines can be so much happier if a person is someone like yourself who obviously show Filipinos the respect that they deserve and treat everyone with the kindness that they will also give us when given the chance. A smile, a handshake, a helping hand, a nice word from time to time and us trying to be just like the people around us will go a long way and your story shows that the best. Filipinos are wonderful people when they know that we do not feel like we are better than they are, and that we are not like the expats who use and abuse them and their ladies.