Tourist Visa extension beyond flight departure

rikstick4493
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am in the process of getting married and we have did everything and our wedding is scheduled for June 20th. However, I believe I have run into a problem because my return flight is on june the 5th. I don't know if the immigration office would catch this but I was thinking that a safety mechanism might be to purchase a one way ticket to Guam. That way i would be leaving the philippines and would be on united states territory. And of course, once I get married, I can apply for the 13a visa. Any suggestions as to what I might do and if my concerns are valid.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You will have to get another extension. They will catch it and you will end up paying plus a 1000 overstay fine. Also depending on how long you have been here you might need an exit clearance.

• Thanks 1

rikstick4493
Posted
Posted

They won't give me an extension beyond my flight return ticket date, will they? That's why I was thinking of getting a one way ticket to Guam or maybe Taiwan.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, rikstick4493 said:

They won't give me an extension beyond my flight return ticket date, will they? That's why I was thinking of getting a one way ticket to Guam or maybe Taiwan.

Considering the fact that you are getting Married I don't think you will have a problem

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, rikstick4493 said:

First question is how long have you been here? Second the date of your exit ticket makes no difference as they know you can extend up to 3 years in total. The ticket you purchased and arrived on and departing on is irrelevant as once you have arrived no one cares about the exit date after that because you can extend your visa. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

rikstick4493
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

First question is how long have you been here? Second the date of your exit ticket makes no difference as they know you can extend up to 3 years in total. The ticket you purchased and arrived on and departing on is irrelevant as once you have arrived no one cares about the exit date after that because you can extend your visa. 

Thank you, I arrived on April the 5th and I extended my stay until June the 5th a few weeks ago.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, rikstick4493 said:

Thank you, I arrived on April the 5th and I extended my stay until June the 5th a few weeks ago.

Best visit now and get that extension and /or talk to the BI about your concerns :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, rikstick4493 said:

Ok, then just keep extending. You won't have to leave until your 3 years are up. Forget about any exit flight dates you may have had. Most people who come here buy throwaway tickets to get into the country or to satisfy the requirements for a exit ticket but after that keep extending their visa. When extending immigration do not ask about exit tickets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1