Locked Baggage

Guardian
Posted
Posted

I just leave my luggage open and keep anything of value in my carry on.

• 1 month later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I always just leave our bags unlocked because the TSA have opened ours and inspected the contents and left notes in them at times. I do not know how it works in other countries but in this day and age of terrorism, my guess is that most countries might want the rights to inspect things that show up strange on the x-rays. One trip many years ago to Cebu and upon arrival the inspector asked me to open the one with a white chalk x on it and I of course did and then she told me that they has seen a lot of springs and wondered what they were and it was just a bag full of pens for our family and friends that we brought but that was before 9/11, so do not be fooled, they do x-ray luggage and would not open them back then but will nowadays.
Now you know. Next time you see chalk marks on your bags wipe them off. I always do. thumbs-up-smile.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted
I always just leave our bags unlocked because the TSA have opened ours and inspected the contents and left notes in them at times. I do not know how it works in other countries but in this day and age of terrorism, my guess is that most countries might want the rights to inspect things that show up strange on the x-rays. One trip many years ago to Cebu and upon arrival the inspector asked me to open the one with a white chalk x on it and I of course did and then she told me that they has seen a lot of springs and wondered what they were and it was just a bag full of pens for our family and friends that we brought but that was before 9/11, so do not be fooled, they do x-ray luggage and would not open them back then but will nowadays.
Now you know. Next time you see chalk marks on your bags wipe them off. I always do. thumbs-up-smile.gif
The practical / simple solution! so often overlooked.Thanks 4 the great Tip.UK TOMSugarwareZ-003.gif