Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Philippines Forum members and non members informal get together'sAnyone interested in getting together in Cebu in February, I am thinking about Saturday February 21 and maybe at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center. Phat's is a bar and restaurant owned by an American, so people would be able to get whatever they would like to eat or drink at reasonable prices. I am open to other suggestions and other dates that would be better for the majority of members who might be in Cebu at that time. I am posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules to fit or we can adjust the get together to fit the majority of members schedules who do not live in Cebu and would like to meet.Next, I would like to join a get together in Cagayan de Oro because we plan on being there some time in March. Any suggestions for a good date for us and other members to be there and for other members who might be able to make that date would be appreciated. It would really be nice to meet many of you if we can.I am also open to other get together's in March April and May for others who may not be able to meet in the other months. I set up this thread for those of you who would like to make suggestions on dates to get together and we can always meet just for coffee in SM or Ayala if that would be more convenient for some of you. You are also welcome to post other expat meetings and dates in other parts of the Philippines in case some of us can make it to those. My wife and I travel around the Philippines for pleasure and we would be willing to try to attend other meetings if we can at the time they are scheduled. I have found that it is always nice to put a face with a member who posts on forums and IMO get together's help to bring people from all over the world to better understand each other and possibly not be as critical of a other members posts. I know that I have learned a lot by meeting different people from different cultures from all over the world and I think it has made me better understand people and their cultures and to be more tolerant of our difference, but I have to admit that I still have a lot to learn about many people from different parts of my own home country, the USA, no less other countries.Please feel free to post your feelings on get together's or possible dates and places.Thanks,LeeBTW, my real name is Lee but that name was already taken, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the Philippines Forum members and non members informal get together'sAnyone interested in getting together in Cebu in February, I am thinking about Saturday February 21 and maybe at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center. Phat's is a bar and restaurant owned by an American, so people would be able to get whatever they would like to eat or drink at reasonable prices. I am open to other suggestions and other dates that would be better for the majority of members who might be in Cebu at that time. I am posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules to fit or we can adjust the get together to fit the majority of members schedules who do not live in Cebu and would like to meet.BTW, my real name is Lee but that name was already taken, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee
Hi Lee, count me in feb 21 or other days as well. If Phat's doesn't have football on TV I need to go to another place at 23:00 to watch Liverpool-Man City that night! My life is pretty much scheduled after the Liverpool matches.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the Philippines Forum members and non members informal get together'sAnyone interested in getting together in Cebu in February, I am thinking about Saturday February 21 and maybe at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center. Phat's is a bar and restaurant owned by an American, so people would be able to get whatever they would like to eat or drink at reasonable prices. I am open to other suggestions and other dates that would be better for the majority of members who might be in Cebu at that time. I am posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules to fit or we can adjust the get together to fit the majority of members schedules who do not live in Cebu and would like to meet.BTW, my real name is Lee but that name was already taken, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee
Hi Lee, count me in feb 21 or other days as well. If Phat's doesn't have football on TV I need to go to another place at 23:00 to watch Liverpool-Man City that night! My life is pretty much scheduled after the Liverpool matches.
Thank you my friend :lol: and it will be good to meet you in person that day or sooner. SugarwareZ-003.gif Heck, I better not make it sooner or you won't show up that day once you know me in person. SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif Phat's had a couple of big TV's and were on satellite last time we were there, but I will check with the owner Terence or my adopted brother Jon to make sure as soon as we get to Cebu, or maybe Jon can check before then for me to make sure before we lock in that place and otherwise we will just have to start a little earlier. :(

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

I'll be up for that Lee but another venue would be greatly appreciated. Whilst I don't want to be negative about the place, there are many others that actually have other people in them with good food, lol.Perhaps when numbers for the 21/01/09 get greater we could all set down what we like to do/eat/drink and go from there?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thank you my friend :lol: and it will be good to meet you in person that day or sooner. SugarwareZ-003.gif Heck, I better not make it sooner or you won't show up that day once you know me in person. SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif Phat's had a couple of big TV's and were on satellite last time we were there, but I will check with the owner Terence or my adopted brother Jon to make sure as soon as we get to Cebu, or maybe Jon can check before then for me to make sure before we lock in that place and otherwise we will just have to start a little earlier. :welcome:
I vote for a boat trip, all in favor say I :(

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'll be up for that Lee but another venue would be greatly appreciated. Whilst I don't want to be negative about the place, there are many others that actually have other people in them with good food, lol.Perhaps when numbers for the 21/01/09 get greater we could all set down what we like to do/eat/drink and go from there?
John, good to have you on the list and I hope that you can bring Mel and Naomi too, and I will be bringing my wife. I am open for just about anything except one of the wild parties mentioned on the other forum 2245_safe.gif since I am a happily married man and want to keep it that way. :as-if: John, you live there full time and if you can find a place that has sport TV and good food and drinks so it will fit everyone's need, then I would be game. I liked Phat's because of the hamburgers but they were no bargain on the beer or drinks. I was planning once we knew how many we had coming, to talk to them and ask for a deal of some type, like 2 for one beer with food ordered or something that would make everyone happy. Anyway, throw up some suggestions when you have time and so far at least the date seems to be OK. BTW, the Sand Trap was OK but they did not have a big indoor place and I do not think they had sport TV and the outside was too hot IMO and I got eaten by the flying pests the last time we met there. So I would prefer some other place than that one, but it is the company that really counts. :lol: Suggestion are welcome from all. :( :welcome: :lol:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I vote for a boat trip, all in favor say I :welcome:
Tom, I know you are joking, but I do not wish to try to compete with the other forum and unless you can set up a crusie ship with a great buffet, I think we will have to settle for a place that serves good food and great beer and did I say great beer. :lol: :551: :as-if: :( :lol:

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
I vote for a boat trip, all in favor say I :welcome:
Tom, I know you are joking, but I do not wish to try to compete with the other forum and unless you can set up a crusie ship with a great buffet, I think we will have to settle for a place that serves good food and great beer and did I say great beer. :lol: :551: :as-if: :( :lol:
How about Badger's in Banilad? They have sports on TV, decent food and beer. I liked that pub when I was there in winter.Panser

James
Posted
Posted

Lee, if you stick to the Phat Thursdays place then get Jon to organise the place, he built the inside of it so knows the owner well as do I, they have TV and need to see the Brits in action, I can only make January myself or later next year due to work commitmentsJames

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Badgers is a good venue although a bit pricey but far less than Gustavian. Mr Lee, the Sandtrap does have a large air conditioned club room with pool table but no TV's. The food's not up to much mind.All in all, with the diversity of the group, I'd say Badgers is the best choice.