Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK, so far Badgers or Phat's. Lets see if anyone else comes up with ideas and since it is far off, I am sure we will get it all worked out by the time February 21st rolls around. :thumbsup: I am pretty sure that I have not been to Badgers but I have heard a lot about it and would like to try it out. I still like Phat's but if Badgers is better, then that would be OK with me too. The main thing is to meet each other and we can try different place down the road if some are interested in a future get together. I am looking forward to returning to Cebu and meeting some of the forum members and only wish we were there already. OK, so far it is Panser, John and his group and my wife and I. Hope the list grows and I would love to meet as many of the forum members as possible, if any want to meet. SugarwareZ-003.gif :cheers: Also to James, yes I know Jon helped build Phat's and we have been there many times and like the place, I will basically leave it up to those who live there full time and I am sorry we will have missed you. I am trying to get there sooner but so far it looks like February. Hope to meet you in person the next time. :thumbsup:

daisy
Posted
Posted

Lee, CDO gatherings can always be attached to the existing CDO Weekly gatherings....Wednesdays at Floating Restaurant, Fridays at Spooks, Ist Saturday of the month at Zaxx Live Band and Dancing, Sundays at Kingston Lodge and 3rd Sundays of the month a beach party at Opol Beach! :thumbsup: 23_11_59[1].gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee, CDO gatherings can always be attached to the existing CDO Weekly gatherings....Wednesdays at Floating Restaurant, Fridays at Spooks, Ist Saturday of the month at Zaxx Live Band and Dancing, Sundays at Kingston Lodge and 3rd Sundays of the month a beach party at Opol Beach! :cheers: 23_11_59[1].gif
Thank you Daisy! :thumbsup: Which one might be the best one to attend, that the most expats show up for, and that would be best for talking and meeting each other? It sure seems like the expat community there is much more organized and friendlier to each other than in Cebu IMHO! :thumbsup:

Mik
Posted
Posted

Count two more in. Aideen and I will come Saturday February 21 to Phat Thursdays or Badgers or whatever is chosen. Get togethers are a good idea. Mike in Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Mike, good to hear that you and Aideen will be there. We look forward to seeing you both again. :thumbsup: I also agree that it is good to have meeting and for us all to help each other as a group if at all possible. Shared knowledge can smooth a lot of bumps. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Mike, good to hear that you and Aideen will be there. We look forward to seeing you both again. :thumbsup: I also agree that it is good to have meeting and for us all to help each other as a group if at all possible. Shared knowledge can smooth a lot of bumps. :thumbsup:
My P2 worthWell I wish I was able to be there but I think it will be at least March for me, anyway what ever venue you decide on in my opinion is best to be some place that everyone can sit down together and chat.I can not see having to watch a game as being important and I forget who needed to see it but he also said that if he could not see it there then he would have to be somewhere with a big screen at 23.00 hours.So I doubt if a TV would be an issue.Can we get some pictures on the day? :cheers: :( damn, wish I was there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
My P2 worthWell I wish I was able to be there but I think it will be at least March for me, anyway what ever venue you decide on in my opinion is best to be some place that everyone can sit down together and chat.I can not see having to watch a game as being important and I forget who needed to see it but he also said that if he could not see it there then he would have to be somewhere with a big screen at 23.00 hours.So I doubt if a TV would be an issue.Can we get some pictures on the day? :) :( damn, wish I was there.
Don't worry Tom, we will get together again when you let us know for sure when and if you are going to be in Cebu. SugarwareZ-003.gif I am sure a lot of the members would like to meet you in person and thank you for setting up this forum for us all to learn things about the Philippines on and to be a medium to make new friends with. :thumbsup: Heck, you might even be able to get a few of us to buy you a few beers. :( I know I am looking forward to paying you off for putting up with me. SugarwareZ-007.gif :cheers: By buying you a few beers! SugarwareZ-004.gif :cheers: :thumbsup: Edited by Mr. Lee

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
My P2 worthWell I wish I was able to be there but I think it will be at least March for me, anyway what ever venue you decide on in my opinion is best to be some place that everyone can sit down together and chat.I can not see having to watch a game as being important and I forget who needed to see it but he also said that if he could not see it there then he would have to be somewhere with a big screen at 23.00 hours.So I doubt if a TV would be an issue.Can we get some pictures on the day? :13_4_10[1]: :7_4_17[1]: damn, wish I was there.
Well it was me, and you're correct. Until 23:00 I can be any place serving beer(no gogo though), but I'll be watching the game after that. Don't let this stop you from going a place you like - Badger's was just my suggestion.Panser

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My P2 worthWell I wish I was able to be there but I think it will be at least March for me, anyway what ever venue you decide on in my opinion is best to be some place that everyone can sit down together and chat.I can not see having to watch a game as being important and I forget who needed to see it but he also said that if he could not see it there then he would have to be somewhere with a big screen at 23.00 hours.So I doubt if a TV would be an issue.Can we get some pictures on the day? :7_4_17[1]: :7_4_17[1]: damn, wish I was there.
Well it was me, and you're correct. Until 23:00 I can be any place serving beer(no gogo though), but I'll be watching the game after that. Don't let this stop you from going a place you like - Badger's was just my suggestion.Panser
Hi PanserI was just reading what I wrote yesterday and I hope it did not come across the wrong way, what I was meaning to say is that if a game is on at 23.00 then it would not make much difference to which venue they choose. :13_4_10[1]:

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Hi PanserI was just reading what I wrote yesterday and I hope it did not come across the wrong way, what I was meaning to say is that if a game is on at 23.00 then it would not make much difference to which venue they choose. :13_4_10[1]:
Hi Boss Man, I understood the same way. Just wanted to state that I am up for any venue before 23:00. :7_4_17[1]: BTW - someone mentioned that Badger's was kind of expensive. I belive I paid 40 or 45 for a SMB in February. What is the average price for a beer in regular Cebu bar?Panser