Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)
BTW - someone mentioned that Badger's was kind of expensive. I belive I paid 40 or 45 for a SMB in February. What is the average price for a beer in regular Cebu bar?
It depends on the bar. Some (bikini) bars, for example, are now open by noon. They will offer Php 30 or Php 35 beers for their happy hour. Stars, located on Mango, offers Php 30 beers now, I believe, but at some odd, restricted hours. I believe the time frame is noon to 3pm.El Gecko, exclusively a drinking bar, has Php 35 beers until something like 9pm, I believe.Other (bikini) bars, by 8pm (most are open then) will run Php 60, or more, per beer.Other drinking bars are going to charge even more, Php 80, up to Php 103 (The Tap Room), which is outrageous. I do not know the current price for a beer at Badger's. But, I believe they are Php 45 at Drifter's. Please don't quote me on this, though.The Marlin Bar, located at the Cebu Yacht Club on Mactan Island, will offer beers at Php 35 always, if I am not mistaken. There, you will have a nice, scenic view of the boats at the Yacht Club, as well as the boats and ships rolling past in the channel between Cebu and Mactan Island.HTHPaul Edited by Paul

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
BTW - someone mentioned that Badger's was kind of expensive. I belive I paid 40 or 45 for a SMB in February. What is the average price for a beer in regular Cebu bar?
It depends on the bar. Some (bikini) bars, for example, are now open by noon. They will offer Php 30 or Php 35 beers for their happy hour. Stars, located on Mango, offers Php 30 beers now, I believe, but at some odd, restricted hours. I believe the time frame is noon to 3pm.El Gecko, exclusively a drinking bar, has Php 35 beers until something like 9pm, I believe.Other (bikini) bars, by 8pm (most are open then) will run Php 60, or more, per beer.Other drinking bars are going to charge even more, Php 80, up to Php 103 (The Tap Room), which is outrageous. I do not know the current price for a beer at Badger's. But, I believe they are Php 45 at Drifter's. Please don't quote me on this, though.The Marlin Bar, located at the Cebu Yacht Club on Mactan Island, will offer beers at Php 35 always, if I am not mistaken. There, you will have a nice, scenic view of the boats at the Yacht Club, as well as the boats and ships rolling past in the channel between Cebu and Mactan Island.HTHPaul
All that uncertainty!Now, if you'd asked him how much is a Jack and Coke....he could have told you, right down to the centavo, at any bar within 5 kilometers!! hehehe

Salabutan si Pete

paul
Posted
Posted

:P You know I will have the prices down on the cost of Jack Daniels, anywhere in town. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, just to bump this up again to keep it in everyones mind. SugarwareZ-003.gif Welcome to the Philippines Forum members and non members informal get together'sAnyone interested in getting together in Cebu in February, I am thinking about Saturday February 21 and maybe at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center or possibly Badgers, or???. I am open to other suggestions and other dates that would be better for the majority of members or non members who might be in Cebu at that time. I am posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules to fit or we can adjust the get together to fit the majority of members schedules who do not live in Cebu and would like to meet. Tom,Boss Man maybe February instead of March??? SugarwareZ-004.gif I am also open to other get together's in March April and May in other places for those others who may not be able to meet in the other months or in Cebu or CDO. I set up this thread for those of you who would like to make suggestions on dates to get together and we can always meet just for coffee in SM or Ayala if that would be more convenient for some of you or for those of you who do not like to go to get togethers. You are also welcome to post other expat meetings and dates in other parts of the Philippines in case some of us can make it to those. My wife and I travel around the Philippines for pleasure and her family, and we would be willing to try to attend other meetings if we can at the time they are scheduled. I have found that it is always nice to put a face with a member who posts on forums and IMO get together's help to bring people from all over the world to better understand each other and possibly not be as critical of a other members posts. I know that I have learned a lot by meeting different people from different cultures from all over the world and I think it has made me better understand people and their cultures and to be more tolerant of our difference, but I have to admit that I still have a lot to learn about many people from different parts of my own home country, the USA, no less other countries. :D Please feel free to post your feelings on get together's or possible dates and places. Meeting just one of you or as many as possible at one time is fine with me. :23_11_59[1]: Thanks,LeeBTW, my real name is Lee but that name was already taken, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee So far we have Panser, John Rainey and his group, Mike Morey and his lovely wife and myself and my wife. Hope I did not miss anyone?? and we will no doubt also be in CDO in March to meet some of you from there. :th_th7: :508:

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Just bumping this up from time to time to keep everyone aware. SugarwareZ-003.gif :th_thimage_265775: :1 (235): :welcome: Hope to see some more of you there in February.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

SML at Badgers is 70peso. Sandtrap, 65p, Drifters 60p - all outside happy hour.Ignoring currency changes (help!!) inflation in Cebu is getting a bit out of control. Taking into account currency, I worked out that a beer in Badgers is about the same as the UK for equal quality of booze.But look on the bright side, next year, if not before, the $ is going to tank and take the peso with it. My only hope is that the

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the update on the prices John, I guess life is getting more expensive everywhere. I just hope you are wrong about the dollar and only time will tell. My guess is that the peso is going to get even weaker after the first of the year when remittances really slow down because people do not have as much money to send home. My wife and I just got off a cruise ship with lots of Filipinos, both crew and passengers and everyone of them that we spoke to said that they were having to cut back on what they were sending home because they were making less or making the same but cost of living was up so much and the crew said that they are not getting as much tips because people seem to be cutting back on how much they give. I think the Philippines is in for some rough times ahead.

James
Posted
Posted

lets bump up a meeting a little earlier Mr Lee, I wont be there in february but all of januaryJames

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
lets bump up a meeting a little earlier Mr Lee, I wont be there in february but all of januaryJames
Hi James, we would really like to be there in January and we might be able to make it before the end of that month but I did not want to promise and I was shooting for early February. A lot has to do with taxes and other issues I have to get done here before leaving. I wish I could promise because we would love to meet you both. When do you leave?

James
Posted
Posted

we are back until the 30th my friendJames