Welcome To The Philippines Forum Get Together's

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
OK, just to bump this up again to keep it in everyones mind SugarwareZ-003.gif since it is less than 1 month away now.Welcome to the Philippines Forum informal get together's. All are welcome, Filipino, Filipina, people from any country, members of this forum and those of you who just read and have not joined.Anyone interested in getting together in Cebu on Saturday February 21 and either at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center or Badgers. Whichever the majority wants. I am re-posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules and come to the get together. I am also open to just meeting people for coffee in SM or Ayala if that would be more convenient for some of you or for those of you who do not like to go to get togethers. Also, all are also welcome to post other expat meetings and dates in other parts of the Philippines in case some of us can make it to those. My wife and I travel around the Philippines for pleasure and to see her family, and we would be willing to try to attend other meetings if we can at the time they are scheduled. Guys and gals, I have found that it is always nice to put a face with a member who posts on forums and IMO get together's help people from all over the world to better understand each other and possibly not be as critical of other members posts. I know that I have learned a lot by meeting people from different cultures and I think it has helped me to better understand people and their cultures and to be more tolerant of our difference, but I have to admit that I still have a lot to learn about many people from different parts of my own home country, the USA, no less other countries. :7_4_17[1]: Please feel free to post your feelings on get together's or possible dates and places. Meeting just one of you or as many as possible at one time is fine with me. :SugarwareZ-037: Thanks,LeeBTW, my real name is Lee, but that name was already taken as a forum name, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee Note, only full members can send pm's
I will be there with Lee. Hope to meet some of the people on here in person.

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
OK, just to bump this up again to keep it in everyones mind SugarwareZ-003.gif since it is less than 1 month away now.Welcome to the Philippines Forum informal get together's. All are welcome, Filipino, Filipina, people from any country, members of this forum and those of you who just read and have not joined.Anyone interested in getting together in Cebu on Saturday February 21 and either at Phat Thursdays in Banilad Town Center or Badgers. Whichever the majority wants.I am re-posting this very early because some may be making plans for a trip and maybe they can adjust their schedules and come to the get together. I am also open to just meeting people for coffee in SM or Ayala if that would be more convenient for some of you or for those of you who do not like to go to get togethers. Also, all are also welcome to post other expat meetings and dates in other parts of the Philippines in case some of us can make it to those. My wife and I travel around the Philippines for pleasure and to see her family, and we would be willing to try to attend other meetings if we can at the time they are scheduled. Guys and gals, I have found that it is always nice to put a face with a member who posts on forums and IMO get together's help people from all over the world to better understand each other and possibly not be as critical of other members posts. I know that I have learned a lot by meeting people from different cultures and I think it has helped me to better understand people and their cultures and to be more tolerant of our difference, but I have to admit that I still have a lot to learn about many people from different parts of my own home country, the USA, no less other countries. :D Please feel free to post your feelings on get together's or possible dates and places. Meeting just one of you or as many as possible at one time is fine with me. :551: Thanks,LeeBTW, my real name is Lee, but that name was already taken as a forum name, so if you wish to pm me at any time, please be sure to send to Mr. Lee Note, only full members can send pm's
I will be there with Lee. Hope to meet some of the people on here in person.
I still vote for a boat trip,someone please send boat to Australia to pick me up :D

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted

Lee,hope to see you and your wife soon when you will be here in CDO.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My wife and I should be there somewhere in the last two weeks of March and we will attend one of the Friday meetings at Spooks for sure and try to make it to one of the other meetings as well if possible. We are looking forward to meeting you and as many CDO expats as we can while we are there. Let me know which meeting would be the best to attend so we can try to set our schedule for then? and anyone who is in Cebu the 21, we will be getting together at Badgers and all are welcome.

PhilIsles
Posted
Posted
My wife and I should be there somewhere in the last two weeks of March and we will attend one of the Friday meetings at Spooks for sure and try to make it to one of the other meetings as well if possible. We are looking forward to meeting you and as many CDO expats as we can while we are there. Let me know which meeting would be the best to attend so we can try to set our schedule for then? and anyone who is in Cebu the 21, we will be getting together at Badgers and all are welcome.
Mr Lee, can you arrange another get together sometime in late April or early May in Cebu. I love to join you but will not be there till the above stated date. Thanks.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Mr Lee, can you arrange another get together sometime in late April or early May in Cebu. I love to join you but will not be there till the above stated date. Thanks.
Yes, I am going to try to have a get together each month that we are there. We will be there Feb 9th and until some time toward the end of May. The only month I will not be able to do it will be in March because we should be in CDO at the end of that month. Please pm me or post here and we will do our best to set up a meeting and if not, my wife and I would be happy to meet with you, and we will do our best to bring along some other members and friends.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have gotten quite a few emails from people asking for meetings in different months and now PhilIsles has also asked for additional meetings, so here is what I am thinking of doing. ........I am going to have informal get together's any month that we are in Cebu that people have an interest, and my wife and I would be willing to meet up one on one for coffee, a meal or a few drinks, with anyone who does not wish to go to group get together's.......... So here is what I have worked out so far, and I would appreciate it if people would tell me if they have interest in any of these dates....... We already have some people who said they would like to meet at Badgers on the 21st. Hopefully they are still interested, so is anyone else interested? or please feel free to just show up if you are not sure of your schedule. Badgers on Feb 21 starts at 4 PM and ends whenever we get done. No fees, just pay for what you want to eat or drink. March 14th if anyone has any interest in getting together in March on that date, because my wife and I will hopefully be in CDO the latter part. Place to be announced April 25th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced. PhilIsles, how does that date work for you? And May 16th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced I am willing to adjust dates to fit the majorities schedule if we can, but I do not wish to interfere with the "another forum" boat trip which is usually on Sundays toward the end of the months. We hope to meet as many people as we can during our stay each year. SugarwareZ-003.gif

paul
Posted
Posted

Lee, You may wish to update the original post at the top, as a confirmation that is, to make sure everyone understands on what date, time, and which location this will event will be held.

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted
Lee,gathering at Spooks is melting down.Not sure if my SO and I can meet you there really since he didn't like the place .So maybe my SO and me will just catch you around.We will be in HK in the second week of February and we will be staying there for 2 months but I am sure he will take a weeks off to visit Cebu and CDO so we will just catch you.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Badgers on Feb 21 starts at 4 PM and ends whenever we get done. No fees, just pay for what you want to eat or drink. March 14th if anyone has any interest in getting together in March on that date, because my wife and I will hopefully be in CDO the latter part. Place to be announced April 25th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced. PhilIsles, how does that date work for you? And May 16th if anyone is interested. Place to be announced I am willing to adjust dates to fit the majorities schedule if we can, but I do not wish to interfere with the "another forum" boat trip which is usually on Sundays toward the end of the months. We hope to meet as many people as we can during our stay each year. SugarwareZ-003.gif
I am not quite sure Paul meant in his post above? so to clarify, we will be getting together at Badgers in Cebu on February 21st and starting at 4 PM and my wife and I will be staying until everyone leaves or we run out of energy. The last get together I arranged went on until pretty late and then some groups went off to another place and their get together continued on until the wee hours of the night. These get together's are all about just hanging out, meeting each other and getting to know each other and IMO knowing each other really makes the forum a nicer place to hang out. People coming so far in order they checked in. Panserhansen and his wife. We have become friends via emails and we look forward to meeting him and his wife in person.Mike Morey and his lovely wife AideenJohn Rainey and his lovely So Mel and possibly her dynamite single sister Naomi :thumbsup: Possibly Bob Ward and his lovely lady Kristine?Since Paul has shown interest, maybe he will be coming with his lady or ladies? SugarwareZ-005.gif Of course my wife and IBoss Man has said he would come if we send a boat to Australia for him, any volunteers to go fetch his arse? SugarwareZ-004.gif I would be happy to send a row boat. SugarwareZ-007.gif Anyone else interested in coming? Let us know, or just show up and say hi. All are welcome, members, non members, readers or friends of friends, etc. Just come on by and hang out for any amount of time you wish to.