Where To Stay In Davao

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
I stayed in Davao City several times last year, its been a year since I stayed there so my information is as old as this thread. I stayed in Sampaguita Tourist Inn, very good value for money, close to the Davao Doctors hospital I had a medical condition so I needed to go there often for physio therapy and some blood tests. I cant say enough about how safe I felt there and I did walk around at night by myself. Plenty of food places, Mall, and shops, restaurants and some night spots all in walking distance. The city is spread out so you will need to catch a taxi to some malls and places I paid around 70 pesos from the Inn to Victoria plaza. It cost a little bit more to go Matina across the river and up to Jacks Ridge look out and restaurant. This is the new place they were building on the corner the Inn was so popular you were lucky to get a room I made sure to book each time I went there. I dont know what this new place is like it looks more upmarket than the old Tourist Inn and I dont know if the old building is still operating. http://www.travbuddy.com/Sampaguita-Tourist-Inn-v309733
Welcome to this forum and TY for posting that information. We should be going to Davao next year to visit my niece and will look at Sampaguita to see if we would like to stay there. :bedtime2: