Fate And What Are The Odds

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I often wonder what part in our life fate plays and yesterday we had a great example of what positive thoughts can provide for us.My wife and I had lost touch years ago with a Filipino friend who is a taxi driver in Cebu City and who had been a friend for many years. It seems that he lost his cell phone and ran on some hard luck and he did not know how to contact us and we no longer knew how to contact him. He said he waited outside our condo many times but he never ran into us.What happened next is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion. Nila and I visited a forum member and his wife at their home in Pardo and while we walked back to the street from their home, a couple of taxis beeped at us but for some reason I figured we would wait until we got to the main Hardware store on the main street to catch a taxi and just as we got there, I waved down a taxi and low and behold it was our long lost friend and we were able to get all his contact info and give him ours. Fate is a strange thing, with all the taxis working Cebu and him usually in the main city area, what would be the odds of us running back into our friend and at that exact moment, us leaving our friends home and walking the distance in between and us arriving at that Hardware store and at the exact time our taxi driver friend was passing by. To me that was meant to be because we have often wondered what happened to him and his family and now we know since our friend has been in our thoughts for a couple of years now and we were continually worried and hoping he would be OK. Life is good and I am a firm believer in karma and that good things happen to people who try to do good, and my wife and I try our best to be good people and to hang out with good people. :welcome:

Matt
Posted
Posted

I have a story where i met a man in Cebu in Kukuksnest, and it turned out that his girlfriend lived 2 doors away from where i lived in the UK, before moving out here. I was just on my way out and paying my bill when this young lad turned up and i knew he was from the UK due to his accent. I asked where about he was from and he said Surrey, i said that is where i used to live, and where about, he said Godalming, same town as me. So we found out that we knew a lot of the same people, Godalming is only a small town. Then it transpires that his current girlfriend lived on the same street as me, only two doors away. Thats a small world for you i thought. Over the next 3 days we met up and had a great time. I am still in touch with him now, though he has gone back to the UK.

Singers
Posted
Posted
I have a story where i met a man in Cebu in Kukuksnest, and it turned out that his girlfriend lived 2 doors away from where i lived in the UK, before moving out here. I was just on my way out and paying my bill when this young lad turned up and i knew he was from the UK due to his accent. I asked where about he was from and he said Surrey, i said that is where i used to live, and where about, he said Godalming, same town as me. So we found out that we knew a lot of the same people, Godalming is only a small town. Then it transpires that his current girlfriend lived on the same street as me, only two doors away. Thats a small world for you i thought. Over the next 3 days we met up and had a great time. I am still in touch with him now, though he has gone back to the UK.
The Girl next Door? Eh!

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I often wonder what part in our life fate plays and yesterday we had a great example of what positive thoughts can provide for us.My wife and I had lost touch years ago with a Filipino friend who is a taxi driver in Cebu City and who had been a friend for many years. It seems that he lost his cell phone and ran on some hard luck and he did not know how to contact us and we no longer knew how to contact him. He said he waited outside our condo many times but he never ran into us.What happened next is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion. Nila and I visited a forum member and his wife at their home in Pardo and while we walked back to the street from their home, a couple of taxis beeped at us but for some reason I figured we would wait until we got to the main Hardware store on the main street to catch a taxi and just as we got there, I waved down a taxi and low and behold it was our long lost friend and we were able to get all his contact info and give him ours. Fate is a strange thing, with all the taxis working Cebu and him usually in the main city area, what would be the odds of us running back into our friend and at that exact moment, us leaving our friends home and walking the distance in between and us arriving at that Hardware store and at the exact time our taxi driver friend was passing by. To me that was meant to be because we have often wondered what happened to him and his family and now we know since our friend has been in our thoughts for a couple of years now and we were continually worried and hoping he would be OK. Life is good and I am a firm believer in karma and that good things happen to people who try to do good, and my wife and I try our best to be good people and to hang out with good people. :thumbs-up-smile:
I met Cristina in S'Pore. 2005. I was living with a Chinese Doctor (6 years) who is in the business of exporting Chinese medicine. Rich WOW yes. I had a good Billet. I was a kept man??. My ex of 30 years has a sister in Manila. We visited her in 1976. (below)I felt the Business woman, while lovely and kind, was not my future. Business came FIRST.On the 1st. anniversary of my Mothers death my brother text'd me the occasion and suggested I attend Mass. I did and upon the "greeting" I shook hands with Tex , in the Pew, in front of me. DID not register. A child of 22 years. I used to visit the Charity shop after Mass and enjoyed the excitement of S'Pore Maids excitement at finding a "bargain". Tex approached me as she helped out on the stalls and asked if she could assist. DID not register. Days later I took the bus to Orchard Road. With my walking stick I was slow. The bus was almost full. Tex had gotten a seat and the seat beside her was empty. I took it - not recognizing the Charity shop girl from Church. We (I) chatted and Tex agreed to help me with my research on PI as a place to retire. Cyprus, Spain, Malay, Indonesia, Oz, Costa Rica +++ were in the running. I am not rich but I could live comfortably in any country. JingBo my great Chinese Lady was on another Business trip, USA, I think. My job was to collect the Cash from her S'Pore business's and bank it. Tex lived in between 2 of the business addresses. I asked Tex if she would consider having lunch with me and emparting info on PI. This went on for 6 months. I was invited to Tex's "farewell" party by the hotel owner where she was manager. Her Filipina friends GOADED me into kissing Tex - goodbye. Thick Irish Mik -- I DID not see that this Lady had fallen for me.We kept in touch. I rang her from Burma. EXPENSIVE but I still I did not know why.? Tex had entered my Being and I did not know.Tex was robbed at knife point on a Manila bus. My details were on her stolen HandPhone. HPMy HP was 1/2 inched (Cokney riming slang for Pinched) in a S'Pore night spot.?We lost contact for 9 months. I felt I had only lost a sourse of info on PI. (Sad FK that I am)I was invited to a friends 80th. in Adelaide. He rang me while the Murray Prinsess was paddling past his Shack. For a Parsimonious OZZie a big expenditure. I laid off the Grog to book this "marathon" and included a stop in Manila to eX Sis-in-Law. Took me a few days. BHX - DBX Manila- Brisbane - Taz - Bne-ADL-Bne-Mnl- Dubai-Bhx.--- Phew. and hotels!Put the phone down on confirming the final booking. Poured myself a beer (1st for a week) and began to relax....5 minutes later my HP rang!!! (My Lovely Chinese Doctor paid my Singtel bill for 12 months AFTER we parted "I dont want you to lose contact with your friends" Xu told me. HUGE respect for Chinese ladies.) It was Tex...! She had 'phoned her ex boss in S'Pore to wish her happy B'day. Tex was asked "how are you and Tom getting on"Tex related the stolen phone story. Her XBoss, Gwenn, 'phoned Xu and asked for my "phone No. which she was given.!!!So 12 months after last kissing Cristina goodbye in S'Pore we met again in Manila. Then I realised what a fool I am.!!Now married 3 years. A home in UK and Leyte. Karma? As an old soldier I am a Fatilist.. but even for me the reality of our union IS Wonderment.UK Tom (HAPPY Tom)ps. Other passengers had wanted to sit beside Tex... on the bus ...BUT ... she told them "It's for my Husband" she told me recently.? Edited by Singers

Jake
Posted
Posted
I often wonder what part in our life fate plays and yesterday we had a great example of what positive thoughts can provide for us.My wife and I had lost touch years ago with a Filipino friend who is a taxi driver in Cebu City and who had been a friend for many years. It seems that he lost his cell phone and ran on some hard luck and he did not know how to contact us and we no longer knew how to contact him. He said he waited outside our condo many times but he never ran into us.What happened next is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion. Nila and I visited a forum member and his wife at their home in Pardo and while we walked back to the street from their home, a couple of taxis beeped at us but for some reason I figured we would wait until we got to the main Hardware store on the main street to catch a taxi and just as we got there, I waved down a taxi and low and behold it was our long lost friend and we were able to get all his contact info and give him ours. Fate is a strange thing, with all the taxis working Cebu and him usually in the main city area, what would be the odds of us running back into our friend and at that exact moment, us leaving our friends home and walking the distance in between and us arriving at that Hardware store and at the exact time our taxi driver friend was passing by. To me that was meant to be because we have often wondered what happened to him and his family and now we know since our friend has been in our thoughts for a couple of years now and we were continually worried and hoping he would be OK. Life is good and I am a firm believer in karma and that good things happen to people who try to do good, and my wife and I try our best to be good people and to hang out with good people. :thumbs-up-smile:
I met Cristina in S'Pore. 2005. I was living with a Chinese Doctor (6 years) who is in the business of exporting Chinese medicine. Rich WOW yes. I had a good Billet. I was a kept man??. My ex of 30 years has a sister in Manila. We visited her in 1976. (below)I felt the Business woman, while lovely and kind, was not my future. Business came FIRST.On the 1st. anniversary of my Mothers death my brother text'd me the occasion and suggested I attend Mass. I did and upon the "greeting" I shook hands with Tex , in the Pew, in front of me. DID not register. A child of 22 years. I used to visit the Charity shop after Mass and enjoyed the excitement of S'Pore Maids excitement at finding a "bargain". Tex approached me as she helped out on the stalls and asked if she could assist. DID not register. Days later I took the bus to Orchard Road. With my walking stick I was slow. The bus was almost full. Tex had gotten a seat and the seat beside her was empty. I took it - not recognizing the Charity shop girl from Church. We (I) chatted and Tex agreed to help me with my research on PI as a place to retire. Cyprus, Spain, Malay, Indonesia, Oz, Costa Rica +++ were in the running. I am not rich but I could live comfortably in any country. JingBo my great Chinese Lady was on another Business trip, USA, I think. My job was to collect the Cash from her S'Pore business's and bank it. Tex lived in between 2 of the business addresses. I asked Tex if she would consider having lunch with me and emparting info on PI. This went on for 6 months. I was invited to Tex's "farewell" party by the hotel owner where she was manager. Her Filipina friends GOADED me into kissing Tex - goodbye. Thick Irish Mik -- I DID not see that this Lady had fallen for me.We kept in touch. I rang her from Burma. EXPENSIVE but I still I did not know why.? Tex had entered my Being and I did not know.Tex was robbed at knife point on a Manila bus. My details were on her stolen HandPhone. HPMy HP was 1/2 inched (Cokney riming slang for Pinched) in a S'Pore night spot.?We lost contact for 9 months. I felt I had only lost a sourse of info on PI. (Sad FK that I am)I was invited to a friends 80th. in Adelaide. He rang me while the Murray Prinsess was paddling past his Shack. For a Parsimonious OZZie a big expenditure. I laid off the Grog to book this "marathon" and included a stop in Manila to eX Sis-in-Law. Took me a few days. BHX - DBX Manila- Brisbane - Taz - Bne-ADL-Bne-Mnl- Dubai-Bhx.--- Phew. and hotels!Put the phone down on confirming the final booking. Poured myself a beer (1st for a week) and began to relax....5 minutes later my HP rang!!! (My Lovely Chinese Doctor paid my Singtel bill for 12 months AFTER we parted "I dont want you to lose contact with your friends" Xu told me. HUGE respect for Chinese ladies.) It was Tex...! She had 'phoned her ex boss in S'Pore to wish her happy B'day. Tex was asked "how are you and Tom getting on"Tex related the stolen phone story. Her XBoss, Gwenn, 'phoned Xu and asked for my "phone No. which she was given.!!!So 12 months after last kissing Cristina goodbye in S'Pore we met again in Manila. Then I realised what a fool I am.!!Now married 3 years. A home in UK and Leyte. Karma? As an old soldier I am a Fatilist.. but even for me the reality of our union IS Wonderment.UK Tom (HAPPY Tom)ps. Other passengers had wanted to sit beside Tex... on the bus ...BUT ... she told them "It's for my Husband" she told me recently.?
Hello Happy Tom,Boy, talk about destiny written all over the wall, and yet it took you a few times to get it "registered" in your head.I believe in your case, karma played into the hands of Cristina who's prayers were blessed after 12 months of lostcontact with you. Wow, talk about FATE! Excellent love story, my friend!Respectfully -- Jake