Filipino Food/cuisine Glossary

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just so you all know whats on the menuhttp://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/filipin...od_glossary.htm SugarwareZ-047.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Just look out for the aso when in the north (Tagalog) and the iro when in the south (Bisayan), if you do not wish to eat dog....... :7_4_17[1]: Dog is not legal to serve, but many people in the Philippines still eat dog and will often make the best of road kill or a stray that happens to wander in when someone who likes to eat that, happens to be in the mood......... I do not think it is common in the cities but I have had many a taxi driver and other Filipinos tell me how good it is and had it offered to me a number of times in the provinces and a few times in the cities. :7_4_17[1]: :13_4_10[1]: SugarwareZ-047.gif

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

a dog!!!!it's not bad, taste even good

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
a dog!!!!it's not bad, taste even good
I have never tried it but I think its the thought of it all, being a westerner I grew up with the "dogs mans best friend" thing.I eat pork too, but many would not because of what they believe or were taught. :1 (235): I guess its a case of who decided we could eat a cow and enjoy steak, or who says we should not eat dog. 2245_safe.gif