Security Guards

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
When I was in Naval I saw this house. Very big very new. Huge lot so obviously a high buck place. Perched in the wall right next to their new shiny gate was a little hut built out of unpainted scrap boards and a rusty piece of tin for a cover. You guessed it the guard shack. What does that say about how they think about the person guarding their residence. Also a rather unsightly thing to have on a property they obviously spent a lot of money for.
Ah, so this was the guard house I was looking at through my hotel window :( post-1-1226148204_thumb.jpg
No that's Mr. Lee's condo. :D :) Edited by tom_shor

Mike S
Posted
Posted

After the elephants came to visit ...... SugarwareZ-011.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
When I was in Naval I saw this house. Very big very new. Huge lot so obviously a high buck place. Perched in the wall right next to their new shiny gate was a little hut built out of unpainted scrap boards and a rusty piece of tin for a cover. You guessed it the guard shack. What does that say about how they think about the person guarding their residence. Also a rather unsightly thing to have on a property they obviously spent a lot of money for.
Ah, so this was the guard house I was looking at through my hotel window :D
No that's Mr. Lee's condo. :cheers: :D
:( Yup, that is it. SugarwareZ-004.gif Not much to look at but what a great view. :) I just have to be very careful when I roll over at night. :559: :D 2245_safe.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So, I would guess if you paid them p350 or more a day :blink: , you would get a better grade of guard.
Reminds me of an experiment at a store I worked at as a youngster. . The boss brought in two different brands of step ladder. He paid the same for each brand and they both had a similar Suggested Retail . . So just for fun, he put the one with the dull finish on at a reduced price and put the one with the shiny finish on at double that price. . . Do I need to tell you which one we sold the most of?It is a very Western concept that things which cost more must be better quality but I know of NO basis for that theory. When I was a working man I enjoyed getting more money but that is not what kept me at one company . . I believe that if the employee is treated well, paid the going rate (plus a few percent maybe), and given some benefits, he will do the job as best he can.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
So, I would guess if you paid them p350 or more a day :blink: , you would get a better grade of guard.
Reminds me of an experiment at a store I worked at as a youngster. . The boss brought in two different brands of step ladder. He paid the same for each brand and they both had a similar Suggested Retail . . So just for fun, he put the one with the dull finish on at a reduced price and put the one with the shiny finish on at double that price. . . Do I need to tell you which one we sold the most of?It is a very Western concept that things which cost more must be better quality but I know of NO basis for that theory. When I was a working man I enjoyed getting more money but that is not what kept me at one company . . I believe that if the employee is treated well, paid the going rate (plus a few percent maybe), and given some benefits, he will do the job as best he can.
I would agree with that statement 20 yrs ago...but here in the states, Loyality, and work ethic have gone out the window for most under 30. But, in their defense, the companies have screwed most employees into the ground over the past 20 years also, so it's a two way street. It is a shame, but I see it where I work now. All the under 30 crowd do as little as possible, ignore all the rules they don't like and are rude as hell to anyone who tries to change their ways.Jim