Cebu Tours

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

WarlordI'll be in cebu for 14 days (8-22 Jan) this trip...unfortunately thats all I could get away this time. I'm sure it won't be enough to fully see and experience everything that I would like to, but I plan to make the most of it. Hopefully next time I'll be able to stay a 3-4 weeks. Brett

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
WarlordI'll be in cebu for 14 days (8-22 Jan) this trip...unfortunately thats all I could get away this time. I'm sure it won't be enough to fully see and experience everything that I would like to, but I plan to make the most of it. Hopefully next time I'll be able to stay a 3-4 weeks. Brett
For sure by day 9 you'll realize you didn't stay long enough, but if that's all you got make the best of it.

• 10 months later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted
PaulI had planned to use Danny while I was in Cebu to see a few things. I had seen his website and he seems to be highly recommended here. However, some of trips I may be interested in from the cebu tourguide website involves some island hopping, snorkling, jet skiing and the like. 7_3_205[1].gif Can you recommend anyone for that? Sorry I should've been more specific the first time, I thought about that after I had posted. I know there are a wide variety of trip offered on the website.Thanks for the infoBrett
There are many "Dannys" in Cebu. You can find a good and fair driver through your hotel, they work thru the hotel so they give good service to guests. I had a not so good experience w/Danny. After emailing and phoning him for a couple of months, I requested he pick me up at the Cebu airport and take me to my hotel. He wasn't there and when I called him he sent a relative because he wasn't available, I think it was his b'day. The guy was nice but wasn't very experienced. I hired 2 different drivers affiliated with the hotel where I stayed (Montebello) and they were great. There are many dependable drivers there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
PaulI had planned to use Danny while I was in Cebu to see a few things. I had seen his website and he seems to be highly recommended here. However, some of trips I may be interested in from the cebu tourguide website involves some island hopping, snorkling, jet skiing and the like. 7_3_205[1].gif Can you recommend anyone for that? Sorry I should've been more specific the first time, I thought about that after I had posted. I know there are a wide variety of trip offered on the website.Thanks for the infoBrett
There are many "Dannys" in Cebu. You can find a good and fair driver through your hotel, they work thru the hotel so they give good service to guests. I had a not so good experience w/Danny. After emailing and phoning him for a couple of months, I requested he pick me up at the Cebu airport and take me to my hotel. He wasn't there and when I called him he sent a relative because he wasn't available, I think it was his b'day. The guy was nice but wasn't very experienced. I hired 2 different drivers affiliated with the hotel where I stayed (Montebello) and they were great. There are many dependable drivers there.
Thanks for the info MikeB, I was thinking of using Danny because we may end up arriving in the we hours of the morning but maybe it might be best to just walk over to the taxi area and make them an offer that I am sure one of them will accept. :SugarwareZ-034: Money always seems to talk. :th_exactly:

paul
Posted
Posted
First, do you realize you are replying to a post that was originally created a year ago? I believe Bret has long taken that trip by now.Second, I don't know if you are a newbie only to this forum, or if you are even a member of the "another forum" Forums too. But, it isn't unusual for a newbie to join a forum, and blast the hell out of a business that normally has a good reputation, as does Danny. Typically this is because they have an axe to grind. (You only have two posts to your credit now. Let's see if you can hang around for the long haul with the big boys.) Third, Danny has been a reputable driver, as he was the driver for my Cebu Tours company before, for all of 2005. So, allow me to educate you on this.A lot has changed for Danny since those days, when he was a company driver. Now, he has his own taxi service, Danny Noy's Taxi Service, and the website, Cebu Taxi Service.com. I built and host that site for Danny, and gave it to him as a gift in order to help his business grow. Between that site and other sites, like Big Jim's Philippines Experience, as well as my forums, it has helped Danny secure business for years. Now, Danny has two or three drivers who may be on call at any given time. So, one may not always get "Danny" to drive them unless they specifically ask for Danny by name. He does have a life outside of the taxi.Incidentally, you can get many drivers to take you from point A to point B. But, the next time you screw up and leave a cell phone, wallet, bag, or other valuable in the rear of a taxi, you may think twice about why you didn't secure Danny Noy's Taxi Service. Danny has returned items belonging to customers as long as more than a year later. That, I know to be a fact. I was there when the guy was here the first time, and when he came back a year later and dealt with Danny again.
Thanks for the info MikeB, I was thinking of using Danny because we may end up arriving in the we hours of the morning but maybe it might be best to just walk over to the taxi area and make them an offer that I am sure one of them will accept. yes.gif Money always seems to talk. yes.gif
Not necessarily. Read the last paragraph in my reply to the newbie.

Guardian
Posted
Posted

Wow, the above post sure looks like one big advertisement. Is that allowed on this forum? I do not know any of you in person and only from reading so it is not for me to say but if I was going to take the word of someone, I would take the word of someone who used ot tried to use a business and not someone who makes a post full of advertisements but again I do not know who the poster is and I am not a newbie on this forum or others so please do not even go there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Guardian, Paul is a friend of the owner so he is allowed to advertise but I agree that post may be a little over the top. Paul, please take that up with Tom off the forum. Thank you in advance.

paul
Posted
Posted
Wow, the above post sure looks like one big advertisement. Is that allowed on this forum? I do not know any of you in person and only from reading so it is not for me to say but if I was going to take the word of someone, I would take the word of someone who used ot tried to use a business and not someone who makes a post full of advertisements but again I do not know who the poster is and I am not a newbie on this forum or others so please do not even go there.
You also don't use your real name. Where I come from, that is awfully close to being a keyboard commando. I'm openly known here, and on many Philippines related forums and Yahoo Groups. Cebu Tours has been closed for years. I know Tom, the owner of this forum, personally. So, how could my post be an ad, "Guardian"? I have nothing to gain from my post. I don't own a business here. I only promote Cebu with websites I personally pay to maintain.

paul
Posted
Posted
Guardian, Paul is a friend of the owner so he is allowed to advertise but I agree that post may be a little over the top. Paul, please take that up with Tom off the forum. Thank you in advance.
How so?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
How so?
Paul, I do not wish to get into this on the open forum. We are going way off topic here and the last two posts were uncalled for IMHO. I know I am just as guilty most of the time on your forum so for that I apologize, but again, if you are unhappy with a members post, please take it up with Tom off the forum and you are of course welcome to make a comment for a subject, just as I feel others can voice their opinions against a subject such as Danny or for it, and I feel it is for members to decide if they want to try or not based on how they feel about a what they read in total.As for Guardian, he is a phone and email buddy of mine and I have seen picture of him and you really do not wish to insult him IMHO and besides that he will hopefully join me next February or the year after. Guardian also introduced himself and why he uses that name and it was because he was part of a motorcycle gang or club by the same name years ago or something like that. I really do not think you should just come on here and blast people without doing some more research by reading some of their posts. JMHOAnyway Paul, I really appreciate your taking the time to help members get to know how good Danny is and I have never used him but met one of his guys who picked up the other Lee at the Diplomat earlier this year and he was on time that evening and maybe even a few minutes early. Also, I think your comment about forum names was uncalled for, since most people who use forums do not use their own names and you use admin more than you use Paul on your own forum. Tom uses Boss Man, so by your standards then Tom must be hiding too.added, so lets just all drop this here and get back to the topic at hand. :SugarwareZ-034: Edited by Mr. Lee